Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Discovery Networks

New Poster

No Discovery Networks

Most of my favorite shows are on Discovery Comm. channels, like the Science Channel and the Discovery Channel. But when I was on the Xfinity TV Go app, I couldn't find any Discovery channels (Discovery, Science, Investigation Discovery, and Animal Planet), with the exception of TLC. If you can, would you please explain to me why I can't find any Discovery networks?

Official Employee

Re: No Discovery Networks

Comcast doesn't have the mobile rights to Discovery. When you check out the TV GO app you'll see quite a few networks missing. Check out the Discovery Channel's own app.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

History & Hallmark apps... Xfinity isn't a listed provider...

The android apps for History Channel and Hallmark Channel (& perhaps others) won't fully work because Xfinity/Comcast isn't listed as a participating provider.  The list of participating providers is VERY LONG including some tiny little providers in the middle of nowhere,  but Xfinity isn't one of them.  Why is that...?

Regular Visitor

Re: No Discovery Networks

Are there other Networks that have more up to date programming? As it is now, Their receint offerings have been only reality programming. The History Channel isn't, History2 has been taken over by wierdos, Worse, you have ceased showing the dates the programs aired!  This Army Veteran wonders why outlaws and killers are outlined on American Heros Channel, I'm insulted. The science channel is good, not great, but the reruns.....

Those were the channels I used to watch on a regular basis until a year ago, They are no longer on my faviorites, nor do we watch them.

The more re-runs i see in all programming has me wondering just what am I paying for?

Comcast....................

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation