Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No Audio on DVR playback of ABC shows

New Poster

No Audio on DVR playback of ABC shows

All the ABC shows I have on the DVR have no sound when I try to watch them on my desktop or tablet or phone on the xfinitytv. Any suggesstions?

Contributor

Re: No Audio on DVR playback of ABC shows

All of the on demand shows are provided by the network themselves. This maybe a problem for ABC rather than comcast. Ive noticed issues with the movie Eagle Eye that i watched on the on demand on the website. the picture constantly broke up, and was very choppy. I went to a different movie and it was fine. Its definitely an issue with the network that provided the on demand shows.

New Poster

But I am having issues with the DVR, and not the On Demand.

Contributor

Ah, well i dont suppose you were watching the program when it was recording were ya? im curious if ABC was having an audio issue at the time you were recording. Be a pretty strange issue if the audio was working but didnt show up in the recording. Can you hear the audio on your dvr?

New Poster

I have the same problem On Demand. Tried the same program at a friend's and there was no problem. Leads me to think the problem is the box...mine is an Arris.
Frequent Visitor

You will not get an answer from Comcast other than to get a new box. I watched while I recorded at least 40 shows on NBC. They were almost all on Ellen and Jimmy Fallon around April 2015. I re-watched all several times and they were perfect picture and sound. Also the all had Madonna as a guest. Some were 5 mins, 12 mins etc. When I tried to watch them last week every single one had "no Audio". All NBC, all Madonna. All ruined! Dude came here and said there is no fix and watched the recordings and scratched his head...never heard of it happening. All he could do is switch out the box. I'm trying to figure out a way to download all the other recordings first.💻🎥🎼🎶🎷🎺🎸 I think NBC DOESNT SUPPORT MUSIC FOR MORE THAN A MONTH.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation