Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New problem in Streaming Live TV

New Poster

New problem in Streaming Live TV

After many weeks with a problem that has finally been 'fixed' now Adobe Flash is sending error messages when Live TV Streaming media is attempted. The following message is typical, but there are several others:

SecurityError: Error #2060: Security sandbox violation: ExternalInterface caller http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/swf/rev/1430512783/x2player.swf cannot access <unknown>.
 at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/_evalJS()
 at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/call()
 at com.fancast.logging::ExternalConsole/log()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/logging/ExternalConsole.as:34]
 at com.fancast.logging::Logger$/log()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/logging/Logger.as:98]
 at com.fancast.logging::Logger$/debug()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/logging/Logger.as:83]
 at com.fancast.fcvidcontainer.widgets.videocontrolsx2::InfoPanelX2/resize()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/fcvidcontainer/widgets/videocontrolsx2/InfoPanelX2.as:237]
 at org.osflash.signals::Slot/execute()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/org/osflash/signals/Slot.as:92]
 at org.osflash.signals:nceSignal/dispatch()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/org/osflash/signals/OnceSignal.as:132]
 at com.fancast.fcvidcontainer.util::LayoutUtil$/stageRect()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/fcvidcontainer/util/LayoutUtil.as:87]
 at Function/<anonymous>()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/fcvidcontainer/util/LayoutUtil.as:53]
 at org.osflash.signals::Slot/execute1()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/org/osflash/signals/Slot.as:66]

The videos often are unwatchable after clearing this error message time after time. This des not occur when watching Netflix, or other streaming TV channels.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I am using a Microsoft Surface 2 with Windows 8.1.

New Poster

Re: New problem in Streaming Live TV

Yes same freakin problem here. Who the freak "cant use he!! in this forum" is Walter Pollard??? I just click dismiss all and its fine till the next show ends. I thought it was a problem with my computer and I've been freaking out running all types of virus scans, so I'm glad to see it's not just me.

New Poster

2nd posting on the same problem....

Since there is no forum for this....a 2nd time where live streaming on a PC gets this repetitive message...

SecurityError: Error #2060: Security sandbox violation: ExternalInterface caller http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/swf/rev/1430512783/x2player.swf cannot access <unknown>.
 at com.fancast.logging::ExternalConsole/log()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/logging/ExternalConsole.as:34]
 at com.fancast.logging::Logger$/log()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/logging/Logger.as:98]
 at com.fancast.logging::Logger$/debug()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/logging/Logger.as:83]
 at com.fancast.fcvidcontainer.widgets.videocontrolsx2::InfoPanelX2/resize()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/fcvidcontainer/widgets/videocontrolsx2/InfoPanelX2.as:237]
 at org.osflash.signals::Slot/execute()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/org/osflash/signals/Slot.as:92]
 at org.osflash.signals:nceSignal/dispatch()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/org/osflash/signals/OnceSignal.as:132]
 at com.fancast.fcvidcontainer.util::LayoutUtil$/stageRect()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/fcvidcontainer/util/LayoutUtil.as:87]
 at Function/<anonymous>()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/com/fancast/fcvidcontainer/util/LayoutUtil.as:53]
 at org.osflash.signals::Slot/execute1()[/Users/Walter.Pollard/dev/soft_pretzel/lib/src/org/osflash/signals/Slot.as:66]

OK, who the heck is Walter Pollard and why is he hosing my videos?

and stop igonoring me....

Service Expert

Re: 2nd posting on the same problem....

johnacas wrote:

Since there is no forum for this....

and stop igonoring me....

There is forum for this. I moved your posts from On Demand to this forum.

With it in the correct place, you *might* get answers.

To help with getting a response:

I am escalating your post to the forum administrator. An official employee will reply. Please check back every once in a while for a reply by one of them.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi johnacas and santosthemc, I have escalated this issue and they will contact you via phone. If you have a preferred contact number please send me a private message and I will update the ticket, If not they will contact you with the phone number on your account.

Thank you

You can click on my name (ComcastPhill) and click on “Private Message Me”.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Has anyone found a solution to this? It's also happening to me.