Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New TV guide format

Frequent Visitor

New TV guide format

I, like thousands, have found the new TV schedule to be an absolute disappointment.  I was never notified that the old format was  going away or given any option.  This thing was just shoved down our throats.

Now I can't even log in.  I keep  getting "Error xacsa.xact.3321.100: FatalDrmError."

I'm in my sixties - I have never seen such a fiasco with anything that I have had to personally deal with online

What bothers me is that Comcast has zero response to people's complaints that are substantive.  This "working at making your viewing experience better" is just garbage.

What bothers me even further is that this can be attributed the decision of one person.

I am seriously thinking about voting with my feet at this point.

New Poster

Re: New TV guide format

The new guide is TERRIBLE. Bring back the old system.

Frequent Visitor

Complain here:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Maybe thy will respond.

New Poster

I agree completely with the comment below.  I called COMCAST when I first saw the new format and they said it would be updated by 7 Oct.  I still can't see all the stations I pay for.  Go back to the old format that worked.

Official Employee

wrote:

pmanuel206 wrote:

I agree completely with the comment below.  I called COMCAST when I first saw the new format and they said it would be updated by 7 Oct.  I still can't see all the stations I pay for.  Go back to the old format that worked.

The former TV Go website will not be coming back but Comcast will continue to improve the new one, including adding a more compact grid, favorite channels and a Watchlist.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

THIS SITE IS NOW ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE, COMPARED TO THIS THE OLD SITE WAS THE GREATEST SITE KNOWN TO MAN AND NO MY CAPS LOCK IS NOT STUCK I JUST WANT TO EXPRESS EXACTLY HOW MAD ALL YOUR ONLINE CUSTOMERS ARE THAT THIS SITE IS NOW UN-USEABLE TRASH.  Thank you very much, fire whoever developed this site.

New Poster

I am responding to ComcastDan here. I noted in your reply to another unhappy customer that favorites and wachlist would be added. I saw no date but to my way of thinking those things should have been done before the new version of the guide was put online. I would think that if you asked 1,000 people which they prefer, the old or the new, the new would not get a single vote. It is really annoying to have to scroll through 100s of channels I don't watch to find the few that I do watch regular. At least get the favorites thing working!!! In MHO this version should have not been put online until it was complete and working properly!!!! Remember that old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

I've said it before & I'll say it again---   http://www.zap2it.com    and also--  http://www.tv.com/listings/    

Both sites have WHITE backgrounds - not  BLACK...  easier on these tired old eyes..   plus-  zap has a 6 hr viewing grid;  and tv . com  has a 3 hr.

ciao, bj

Contributor

Untill we have all previous functions, we should have the previous version available.   We were given pics and icons instead of useful info.   Who(m)ever made this call should be removed. 

Contributor

TV.COM is great .....

Regular Contributor

BlueJay wrote:

I've said it before & I'll say it again---   http://www.zap2it.com    and also--  http://www.tv.com/listings/    

Both sites have WHITE backgrounds - not  BLACK...  easier on these tired old eyes..   plus-  zap has a 6 hr viewing grid;  and tv . com  has a 3 hr.

ciao, bj

Those are great if you just want to know what's on TV. I record almost everything I watch on my DVR to watch later, and I like to program my recordings from my laptop. The new guide is so bad I must use zapt2it to browse what I want to record, and then go back to the Xfinity site to program my DVR. I shouldn't have to do that for what I am paying Comcast.

Problem Solver

swanda wrote:

BlueJay wrote:

ciao, bj

Those are great if you just want to know what's on TV. I record almost everything I watch on my DVR to watch later, and I like to program my recordings from my laptop. The new guide is so bad I must use zapt2it to browse what I want to record, and then go back to the Xfinity site to program my DVR. I shouldn't have to do that for what I am paying Comcast.

I agree. I now have to sit in front of my TV with my laptop viewing TitanTV listings, to find the shows I want to record, then use the clunky set-top box remote to find the show in the grid to schedule. It's a little less painful than using the Xfinity TV site guide since the set-top box at least has favorites. It still requires a heck of lot of button clicks to do one simple thing. Pathetic.

Problem Solver

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

swanda wrote:

BlueJay wrote:

ciao, bj

I agree. I now have to sit in front of my TV with my laptop viewing TitanTV listings, to find the shows I want to record, then use the clunky set-top box remote to find the show in the grid to schedule. It's a little less painful than using the Xfinity TV site guide since the set-top box at least has favorites. It still requires a heck of lot of button clicks to do one simple thing. Pathetic.

Ditto..  Only I'm using my Samsung tablet..  The pitiful thing is that comcast is so positive about this piece of garbage that they've foisted upon us..  

And along with their apologies, they assure us they'll be adding FEATURES to enhance the experience of the usage of the NEW WAY TO WATCH TV..       

Oh I gag with the marketing and PR of the whole issue.  And the money spent on printing and mailing the many THANK YOU cards and encouraging us to spend more money to EXPERIENCE X1 TV..     Hey comcast-- I don't want X1!!

Sorry for the rant guys,   checking out zap, and DVR on TV,  I might have to become a football junkie..  Smiley Wink

ciao, bj

New Poster

I hate the new guide. It doesn't have the info that the old one did. You have to open a pop up to find out if the show is new or a repeat. It would even tell us when the program was first released. I used to get 13 channels on one page, now there's only 7. We could get 5 hours on one page, now we only get 2. We could even find out if the show would be aired again and when. The new guide is just horrible. Why did you fix something that was not broken? Why not ask the customers if we wanted it changed since we're the ones who use it? The old guide was great the way it was. Please put the old guide back. Just admit it was a mistake to change it and fix it!  Please! 

Regular Contributor

janetlee801 wrote:

I hate the new guide. It doesn't have the info that the old one did. You have to open a pop up to find out if the show is new or a repeat. It would even tell us when the program was first released. I used to get 13 channels on one page, now there's only 7. We could get 5 hours on one page, now we only get 2. We could even find out if the show would be aired again and when. The new guide is just horrible. Why did you fix something that was not broken? Why not ask the customers if we wanted it changed since we're the ones who use it? The old guide was great the way it was. Please put the old guide back. Just admit it was a mistake to change it and fix it!  Please! 

Comcast is now on record as saying the old guide is never coming back. They are making promises that the new guide will be improved according to customer feedback, but there is no timetable. They have had that feedback since the new guide first came out, and they chose to shut down the old guide before the new one was improved. That pretty well shows the contempt Comcast has for its customers.

New Poster

Will we ever be able to control our TV boxes through the new website like we did in the old website ? I am not against change

if change is better. This new site can't be better if it does less than the old site. I never have changed my TV channel with anything

other than my PC through the old website. Channels were easy to find and one click of the mouse the TV channel was changed.I was

even able to change the channel for any cable box in the house

How can anything less be considered 'a better new experience'. To expect people to now control their TV & DVR through

an app on a cell phone with a 2.5 x 5.0 in screen is a joke.

The answer to my question above will probably determine whether I look elsewhere for a new provider.

The feedback that we are getting for Comcast never addresses our problems. It only states the 'features' of the new website that

nobody wanted but Comcast.

Regular Visitor

WHY  can't Comcast admit they made a HORRIBLE mistake?  They are spending millions on an ad campaign to try to convince people they now care about customers and then they pull this nonsense.  omcast will remain the WORST company in America unless they learn how to treat customers, and one way NOT to is to force a 4th rate web site on people.  This is Comcast's New Coke, but at least Coke learned their lesson.

Service Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for bypassing the Forums Language Filter ( already warned once ).

New Poster

... that's why I have now switched to TV Guide's Website ... which I now really like!

New Poster

yes this new schedule is totally non user friendly..

New Poster

thanks so much this is much better than what comcast is giving us

and we pay so much for comcast

New Poster

Welll this is a slap in the face to comcast subscribers.

and here i thought they were trying to improve their customer service

New Poster

thanks comcast for listening to your customers

Problem Solver

You could try   http://www.zap2it.com    been using it for years,     OR      http://www.tv.com/listings/

I have too much pain when I check out the NEW WAY..

ciao, bj

New Poster

This change is utterly garbage. I called their customer "service" and got the usual apologies, but no help. Comcast does not even provide a way to contact anyone who can do something. 

I use cable; I will look to see if I can find another cable provider. If not, it looks like I will have to go to satellite. Thank goodness that my computer is via my telephone service, and not the MOST HATED communications company in the western world.

New Poster

Yes it is. I set it up this morning and will never look back. It's attractive, complete, and easy to use. Overall, SENSIBLE. Kind of what the Xfinity listings used to be before they COMPLETELY messed them up.

Frequent Visitor

I just wanted to add my vote for the new TV Guide format being total garbage. Who in their right mind ever thought this was an improvement. Not only is it a pain since they took away My Favorites option, but now today when I went in to try to do a little DVR programming for the next week, everytime I hit the arrow to advance the time for a specific day, it goes back to the top of the list of channels (and the channel I was working with is way down the list). I've seen a lot of new applications rolled out as "new and improved" but this is the absolutely the worst one. Whoever designed and implemented this needs to find another vocation.

New Poster

Yes, I want my "favorite channels" back on the online guide and I'd like to be able to make "favorite channels" the default on my xr11.

New Poster

I can't see a single TV station that I watch with this crappy new format - no ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox. I have to go to another company's site to find the shows I watch and then have a notepad listing show name, station, day of the week and time next to my couch. Having to do that is beyond stupid.

Problem Solver

Until I stumbled on the DVR manager on the old   http:/ /xfinitytv. comcast  .net/tv -listings   site, that was the method I used.  

On my clipboard, I had a weekly grid worked out for prime time shows I watched, checked out  http://www.zap2it.com  , and then programmed my DVR on the TV accordingly..  

Sadly, I'm back to that because comcast/xfinity has reinvented the wheel..  Ah well, so much for progress..

ciao, bj

janash777 wrote:

I can't see a single TV station that I watch with this crappy new format - no ABC, CBS, NBC or Fox. I have to go to another company's site to find the shows I watch and then have a notepad listing show name, station, day of the week and time next to my couch. Having to do that is beyond stupid.

New Poster

The new guide format is the worst. With the old guide I could watch the news, when I get home from work. and look on my PC for any new shows playing that night, at a glance.

I could look at the grid and it would id what was new and what was a re-run. If my wife wanted to watch one of the new shows I could record another that showed at the same time.

Now you have to open each box to see if it is new or re-run. I have to log in each time I use it. If I want to record it states it will take 5 minutes to register and if i want to extend the end time

it takes another 5 minutes. I could go on and on. I like change but this is backwards.

I do not watch TV on my computer. But do use the guide to see whats on so I don't interrupt whats on by pulling up the guide.

I have left numerous feedback's and have never heard a thing. I called customer service and they just listened and said sorry that's the way it is.

I like the other features but maybe its time to look into Direct TV....

It's sad that they can not correct such a small thing on their part and risk losing customers.

The old guide worked so well and the new is so bad it should be a no brainer...

Why not offer both type of guides.

Service Expert

Whyx wrote:

The new guide format is the worst. With the old guide I could watch the news, when I get home from work. and look on my PC for any new shows playing that night, at a glance.

I could look at the grid and it would id what was new and what was a re-run. If my wife wanted to watch one of the new shows I could record another that showed at the same time.

Now you have to open each box to see if it is new or re-run. I have to log in each time I use it. If I want to record it states it will take 5 minutes to register and if i want to extend the end time

it takes another 5 minutes. I could go on and on. I like change but this is backwards.

I do not watch TV on my computer. But do use the guide to see whats on so I don't interrupt whats on by pulling up the guide.

I have left numerous feedback's and have never heard a thing. I called customer service and they just listened and said sorry that's the way it is.

I like the other features but maybe its time to look into Direct TV....

It's sad that they can not correct such a small thing on their part and risk losing customers.

The old guide worked so well and the new is so bad it should be a no brainer...

Why not offer both type of guides.

It might not be possible.  Comcast has said that they had to force only Comcast xfinity customers to be able to use the web interface.  Something about giving your credentials to third parties that are not Comcast customers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

It might not be possible.  Comcast has said that they had to force only Comcast xfinity customers to be able to use the web interface.  Something about giving your credentials to third parties that are not Comcast customers.

Yes, but they could have added the function of registering devices and home network checking to the old site

New Poster

I'll use zap2it.com for now since xfinity can't get it right...