Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New TV Go app NOT SUPPORTED - Galaxy Note 8

Regular Visitor

New TV Go app NOT SUPPORTED - Galaxy Note 8

Unfortunately the Play Store will not allow installation Galaxy Note 8 tablet as this appis listed as not available for this devise. Why? How is that any different than any other tablet? 1 star rating in app store until this is resolved. Not worth watching on my phone. 

New Poster

Re: New TV Go app NOT SUPPORTED - Galaxy Note 8

I made the mistake of updating to the New TV Go.  The old App, Player worked great on Nook HD.  After the upgrade, it no longer works.  No everyone in the world is on an Apple product.  I wish I would have known the upgrade would not be supported on my device.  Thanks Comcast!!

Frequent Visitor

Same issue on my Android tablet which was supported by the older Xfinity TV app.

Scott

labrat1028 wrote:

Unfortunately the Play Store will not allow installation Galaxy Note 8 tablet as this appis listed as not available for this devise. Why? How is that any different than any other tablet? 1 star rating in app store until this is resolved. Not worth watching on my phone. 

New Poster

I've encountered the same problem! so anoying when considering how much I pay for my Xfinity subscription!  I hope this issue is corrected soon!

Frequent Visitor

Old version worked perfectly on our Samsung 10.1 tablet.   This doesn't work.  Plays for 30 seconds and then freezes.  

It does seem to work on the S4 phone.

Really sorry didn't stick w. old version.    Thought getting live TV would be a plus.   

Bronze Problem Solver

Same here on the Galaxy 10.1 tablet sw ver 4.0.4 comcast says its not supported and samsung said they are no longer releasing updates to my 10.1. Old app worked great, it would be nice if comcast offered the older app along with the new one but they say thats not going to happen. Uninstalled.

Regular Visitor

Lesson learned. dump Comcast for Dish or DirecTV and dump Samsung products for Google Nexus or Apple iPad.

New Poster

Same issue here.  The Xfinity Player app worked flawlessly on my Acer tablet.  Then did the upgrade t the Xfinity TV Go and now it freezes on every show once it starts playing.  

New Poster

I had the same issue on a Samsung Note 8.0 I bought yesterday.  Finally got it to work by going to the AMAZON app store and downloading the "Xfinity TV Go (was Player) version.  It installed and once I logged in to Comcast I was able to watch the Grimm episode from Friday with no issues.  Hope this helps others.

New Poster

I own the note 8 have had it for 6 months I also had same problem old version use to work great until update a couple months ago. But I took persons advice above me and created a free amazon account and downloaded it from there and downloaded and worked great . Thank s for the info I love my note 8 once again.
New Poster

Sure enough! Loaded from the Amazon app store and it did the trick! Seems ridiculous that Xfinity app develpoers told me there was a compatibility issue with. The Note 8. Certainly not the case. Thanks for saving the tip! You made my day!!!
New Poster

For what it's worth,the TV GO app requires iOS 6.0 or later but iPad 1's can only go as high as 5.1 so it is not available for me. The old TV player that would have worked is no longer available on the app store. The xfinity web page for the TV GO app say iOS 5.0 or later is required but it lies, the app store description says 6.0 and indeed it won't install on 5.1
Not sure who to blame, apple for abandoning iPad 1 owners for iOS updates or Comcast for following apple's mission of palnned obsolescence.
Frequent Visitor

I am really getting tired of Comcast and their lack of customer service and SUPPORT! This is no longer an issue with "switching" to Direct TV or Dish, this is becoming criminal! I am having issues with more than one of their apps and services (paid services) and I am getting ready to report them to the FTC, FCC, Attny Gen and the local news consumer reporter!  I have had enough of this! Honestly, as consumers we do have rights and we cannot allow this bully named Comcast to screw us over! Everyone needs to step up and file a complaint or Comcast will continue doing nothing!  Comcast wont even bother to respond to the dozens of complaints made on these and other forums! 

New Poster

The solution in my case was to really turn off all child access controls. Even though it was supposedly disabled, when I examined all the pages carefully I saw that some devices seemed enabled for some controls. I went through every one and turned off all controls for all devices and my problems went away!

New Poster

The problem for me was that somehow parental controls got turned on for my device. Even though the page said controls were disabled, some seemed to still be in-effect. I went through all devices turning off everything individually and then everything worked!

Tags (1)