Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Netflix buffering alot

New Poster

Netflix buffering alot

Netflix is buffering alot in the evening on our Smart TV so we can't watch.....however, during the day it works just fine. 

Official Employee

Re: Netflix buffering alot

Hi Silverete, buffering on an app is caused primarily by a poor signal or loss of an internet connection. Please reboot your modem if you continue to experience this issue at night, you can also click on this link to learn more about basic internet trouble shooting. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

Do you have more people at home using other devices while you are watching Netflix, compared to daytime?

If so, you may be to upgrade your internet level of service you are currently using.

it is also possible that Neflix is picking up more customers than it can handle at peak periods of viewing.

If you can get Neflix over steaming video by other means, you would who's fault it really is: Comcast or Neflix.

Official Employee

This is really a networking issue, since you are an internet only customer. You have an older modem and it’s out of spec. How are you getting Netflix?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Problem Solver

Silverete wrote:

Netflix is buffering alot in the evening on our Smart TV so we can't watch.....however, during the day it works just fine. 

Using a pc, try same streaming services on it using same connection type: wired or wireless. If no problem found, then its a network problem to your tv. If still a problem run speedtest (http://www.speedtest.net/) on device and report tested speed.