Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

NO STREAMPIX VIDEO ON ANDROID

Frequent Visitor

NO STREAMPIX VIDEO ON ANDROID

I have Streampix and it works fine on both my home tv and my laptop however when I attempt to view a movie on my Android phone I get an error message "Video can not be played on this device Download the free app " ...Well I have the Xfinity App on my phone and it does not support Streampix...I was told that, for now,  Streampix was available on the Android via the web.  I have tried both on 4g and WiFi and neither works!

So why can I not stream video to my phone??  The main reason I upgraded my service was for the new streaming and I specifically asked questions about streaming to Android phones...this is false advertising and I was totally mislead!  Does anyone have any answers as to why Streampix movies will not play on Android???

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: NO STREAMPIX VIDEO ON ANDROID

Ravynrose wrote:

I have Streampix and it works fine on both my home tv and my laptop however when I attempt to view a movie on my Android phone I get an error message "Video can not be played on this device Download the free app " ...Well I have the Xfinity App on my phone and it does not support Streampix...I was told that, for now,  Streampix was available on the Android via the web.  I have tried both on 4g and WiFi and neither works!

So why can I not stream video to my phone??  The main reason I upgraded my service was for the new streaming and I specifically asked questions about streaming to Android phones...this is false advertising and I was totally mislead!  Does anyone have any answers as to why Streampix movies will not play on Android???

Video playback is currently not compatible with Android devices but our team is working on adding it. There is currently no timetable or launch date set but keep following this board for updates.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

You cannot stream anything to any android device, watching on demand type shows is only available currently for apple products, it has nothing to do with streampix.   Can you please post the link where you say that comcast says you can watch shows on an android device.   Here is the link to the app, no where on that page does it say you can watch programming.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/internet/mobile-android/

Frequent Visitor

Website are often not updated with up to the minute/current information....I was told by the Comcast Agent who assisted me that I could watch tv/movies on the Android....maybe he was speaking about "in the future" but he did not specify that.  I just think they need to be more clear on this.  It may not say Android specifically but looking at this is very misleading.  Why link the Android app if it it cannot do all that is listed?  Give Android its own "highlight" section.  FYI your link is to the "Mobile App" NOT the XFINITY TV App for Android they are different apps.

Copied from the Xfinity TV App website.......

App Highlights

Silver Problem Solver

I guess if you read it quick you might think it works for android.  I guess what they are saying is on the first line watch on deman and they specifically say for the apple products only.  The rest of the stuff you can do with android and apple just not watch on demand. 

Frequent Visitor

It's all over their radio and print ads.  It says any screen, even your smartphone.

Frequent Visitor

I'm surpise they haven't been fine yet for false advertisement on the any screen part in the tv and radio ads.

Frequent Visitor

I've seen both tv ads and heard radio ads stating "any device; anywhere, any time" so I downloaded the app to watch on my HTC Inspire 4G.  NOPE..  still won't work.  Ads should say any APPLE device. Totally false advertising to get others to sign up for this reason.

I have enough remotes; don't need to make my android another one.

New Poster

This is Comcast/Xfinity. They always lie and keep raising rates with bad customer service. Why does false advertising surprise anyone. I have a Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Xoom, both not able to use this service.

Frequent Visitor

The good news is that they are now allowing HBO Go to work!

Regular Visitor

"Can't stream anything to any android device"? Funny don't have any problems watching netflix on my phone or tablet.

Frequent Visitor

What does Netflix have to do with Comcast adn their Streampix app? I don't see your point.

Regular Visitor

My point is that someone in this thread said that android can't stream anything. It's just not true. I use the netflix app all the time, as well as you tube. I even stream video from my own computer to my tablet. So I am disappointed that comcast doesn't stream to android.

My entire household is all android phones and tablets. I am trying streampix, but as it's useless to me, I will probably be canceling.

Silver Problem Solver

What I said was you can't stream anything from Comcast to android you obviously can stream other content just not from Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Exactly, although I am getting HBO go through my Comcast account.  Still PO'd that they advertise Streampix on "any device" yet it is not available on android.

Frequent Visitor

And that is the thing. Iphone streaming of content from comcast been available over a year. Other streaming content Hulu plus (which most of PC streaming from xfinity is done by hulu) , netflix  can stream to android phone.

The streampixs ads stating any screen even smartphone is misleading if not false advertisement.

Maybe if everyone with android phone file a false advertisement compaint with the FCC someting will be done.

Silver Problem Solver

Stream full seasons of shows and top movies instantly on multiple screens, like your laptop, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® — and where available on TV in HD. Enjoy unlimited streaming of every episode from every past season of top shows like Lost, Heroes, 30 Rock and more. Plus, get a deep catalog of award-winning movies you can watch anytime, anywhere. XFINITY Streampix lets you get all the best entertainment from one provider so you won’t need an additional subscription service.

Gold Problem Solver

The TV commercial they're running says "on any screen", period. No exceptions are listed either on-screen or in the sound track. The TV commercial lies.

New Poster

Official Employee

We're excited to announce that we've just launched the Xfinity TV Player app for Android, which provides streaming capabilities.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.playnow

More details here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-TV-Player-app-for-Android/td-p/1292871

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Wow!  Works great too!  thanks.

Regular Visitor

Yay!  Finally!  Thank you Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

Yes after a year waiting, since the iphone version,  for the android app  it work. oonly thing it offer only a fraction of the content you can get from xfinityTV . No major network offers, etc  that is available from the website if you use your pc.