Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

My Xfinity Stream app is stuck on another account.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2
So, I'm a big Cubs fan. Last Sunday I visited my uncle, who is a Comcast customer, since we were hanging outside, I logged out of my xfinity stream app, and logged in with his credentials so that I can enjoy the Cubs game on my iPhone 6plus.... The game was over.... I logged out, then signed back in with my credentials, and now, at home, with MY credentials, I can't get my DVR nor can I watch live tv.... I tried deleting the app and redownloading.. nothing.... I tried resetting my modem... nothing... restarting my phone, resetting network and location and privacy.. nothing... created a new username.. nothing... spent an hour on the phone with Comcast, spoke with tech manager... nothing.... only thing I'm waiting for is for an app update.... Anyone with the same issue?? Anyone have other suggestions?.... Help plz.... side note... I went to go visit my uncle today and with MY credentials, under HIS WIFI, I was able to watch live tv... WEIRD AND FRUSTRATING!!!!
1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

TheTellez25 wrote:
So, I'm a big Cubs fan. Last Sunday I visited my uncle, who is a Comcast customer, since we were hanging outside, I logged out of my xfinity stream app, and logged in with his credentials so that I can enjoy the Cubs game on my iPhone 6plus.... The game was over.... I logged out, then signed back in with my credentials, and now, at home, with MY credentials, I can't get my DVR nor can I watch live tv.... I tried deleting the app and redownloading.. nothing.... I tried resetting my modem... nothing... restarting my phone, resetting network and location and privacy.. nothing... created a new username.. nothing... spent an hour on the phone with Comcast, spoke with tech manager... nothing.... only thing I'm waiting for is for an app update.... Anyone with the same issue?? Anyone have other suggestions?.... Help plz.... side note... I went to go visit my uncle today and with MY credentials, under HIS WIFI, I was able to watch live tv... WEIRD AND FRUSTRATING!!!!

That's strange and frustrating!  I "deprovisioned" the mobile devices on your account. If that doesn't fix it, can you send me a private message with your uncle's username so I can do the same. That should reset everything.  You'll both need to sign in again (and careful if you have any DVR download because they can get "stranded" sometimes). 

In the future, you can usually resolve this by going into Settings (looks like a gear icon) and selecting "Sign out".  If you simply delete the app, we keep track of the device and reapply some previous settings such as parental controls when you reload it. It shouldn't get stuck on the wrong household account but we see this sometimes during QA (testing) - but rarely.

Again, sorry for the trouble and DM me if you need me to remove your Uncle's devices too.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon