New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

My Channels filter results in blank grid

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

My Channels filter results in blank grid

When i go to xfinitytv.comcast.net, "My Channels" lineup results in a gray space where the grid usually is and the phrase "Nothing matched the filters you selected". When i deselect it, all the channels appear, but many of them i am not subscribed to, and i want to see only mine. This has been mercifully been working until today. HELP! Win7, major winupdate yesterday. don't know yet whether this is happening on my win8 and 10 sys...

I've already followed all the troubleshooting recommendations. My time is set correctly, i've set adjust time to 0 and it is showing the correct time and syncing to the correct time even though that orange message is still there. My "Tv Listings" does now say "recommended by XFINITY" rather than "for 01002".

Followup: at home, also window7, i'm experiencing the same problem. i am NOT having this problem on my win10 or win8 system. Any ideas? thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: My Channels filter results in blank grid

The Comcast Development Team released additional updates that addressed the "My Channel" filter problem that caused the gray screen and an update that corrected the "TV Listings Timezone"

issue. At this time the MY Channel filter and TV Listing Timezone issues are resolved.

The above issues were not related  to the with the DVR Manager.

Thank You

View answer in context
tvlisting.JPG
Frequent Visitor

I've been having the same problem for a week now, although it worked very briefly this morning. 

The support staff I've dealt with don't know what to do about it.

Have you had any luck figuring it out?

Problem Solver

Try clicking the My Channels button again.  Also play around a bit with Favorites and HD buttons.  Mine gets kinda flaky sometimes.  

ciao, bj

edit~~ I really should get to bed-- but this is strange...  When the My Channels button is BLUE, the screen is blank--- when the button is BLACK, the complete listing of my subscription channels are shown..

When the FAVORITES button is BLUE, my favorite channels are shown {the ones with the red heart} --- when the button is BLACK, the favorites listings are gone.

When the HD ONLY button is BLUE, the HD channels are shown--- when the button is BLACK, the HD listings are gone.

What I find confusing, is the fact that the MY CHANNELS button is working in the reverse of the other 2 buttons.  

I am still showing the timezone message alert.   It doesn't appear to be affecting the scheduling of shows for me.  Some customers have indicated that they are seeing incorrect program times.   I don't know if location is a factor.  I live in Mass.

Using Win 7 IE11 & chrome browsers..  Also I use {1st choice}   zap2it for tv listings.

Frequent Visitor

thanks for the feedback.

I'm using Safari, but I've experimented with Firefox and Chrome and they didin't work either. 

When the My Channels button is black, I beliive I'm seeing every possible channel that Xfinity offers.  For example, I'm paying for a rather limited selection and so I see all the channels I can't watch as well as the ones I can watch. 

Regarding what you said about seeing all your channels when the My Channels button is black......are you paying for the full package of programing?  If so, that's why it would seem that you're only seeing the channels you're paying for.

Frequent Visitor

Also, what do you mean when you say that you use the (first choice) zap2it?

Thanks in advance.

New Poster

Same problem.

Frequent Visitor

Same thing happens. Blue means the filter is on, black means the filter is off. so when "my channels" is not blue, i see the same thing that brianjglynn is seeing: i pay for a subset of what i see when the filter isn't on (blue). I'm using firefox only for checking xfinity tv: glad that it's doing the same in other browsers.

I was beginning to think, maybe, that it was a win7 upgrade that was causing the problem, but maybe not--looks like brianjglynn is using a mac?

Hope a xfinity person drops by sometime soon...If it's a windows update that's causing the problem, it will be on xfinity to provide the solution...unfortunately...

Frequent Visitor

Brianjglynn, are you using a mac? if so, what version? if not, what version of windows are you using?

thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Bunnyslippers, can you say whether you're using windows or a mac, which browser, and what version of win or mac? thanks.

Problem Solver

brianjglynn wrote:

Also, what do you mean when you say that you use the (first choice) zap2it?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zap2it+tv&rlz=1C1KAFB_enUS539US547&oq=z&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60j69i...

I've been using zap2it for years, it does take a bit of patience to set up, but worth it. 

There is also TV Guide

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

One thing I should have mentioned,  I DO NOT HAVE THE X1 PLATFORM.  

Just a regular old HD tv, DVR, no bells & whistles. 

If the X1 platform is involved, there is an X1 forum where official comcast employees assist.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/bd-p/X1

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

I'm using Safari 9.0.2.  I just perfomed an update prior to responding to your email, and it the problem still exists.  

It appears to be slightly intermittent.  It started working when I was speaking with the Xfin technician. And, it worked last night after several periodic attempts to get it to turn on.  

Frequent Visitor

I'd don't have a DVR but it appears I have X1, what ever that is.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  Can you set up Zap2it so that it shows the channels that you are paying for at Xfinity? 

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem.  It did work at first and we liked it.   Guess I follow this post to see resolution.  Just in case here's my pic.... Looks alot like yours

MyChannelsFilterGivesBlankGrid.GIF
Problem Solver

brianjglynn wrote:

Thanks.  Can you set up Zap2it so that it shows the channels that you are paying for at Xfinity? 

It's been years since I've set up my zap2it account.  When you sign up and log in, it asks for your location and provider.   From there on, it's your choice what channels you want to see on your TV listings.

There's too many music, foreign language, sports, home shopping channels that I just do not want or need to see.    

I do use zap2it and comcast interchangeably,   I like the coloring on zap's pages, comcasts' gives me a headache.  Smiley Wink

Hope this helps, ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, BlueJay! I've posted in that forum, but leaving the question open here until i get a resolution. Who knows from which direction it may come!

Frequent Visitor

Yes, thanks for the input.

Frequent Visitor

To all concerned -- I spoke with someone at upper level tech support and they confirmed that it is a "bug". And, that they will evidently try to fix it, or I'd guess at least add it to their list of other existing bugs.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for the info, brianjglynn!

New Poster

It's been like this for a few days already.

How much time can it take to fix it so can do some scheduling online?

New Poster

Not to mention this stupid message which appears for weeks after time change:

"Your timezone is not the same as the listings you're viewing.
Change your computer clock to change the grid.  "

It happens year after year after year like there is no solution to it

Frequent Visitor

Another person with the same problem: on chrome on windows 7 pc and tablet, on firefox on pc and tablet app, on samsung internet. I used to use zap2it but started having problems. I really want xfinity to fix this.

Frequent Visitor

it is now happening on my win10 system.. sigh...

Regular Visitor

This is what I see:
Sorry, that didn't go as planned.

We're working to fix this problem and hope to have it solved very soon. Please try back at a later time.

It's been this way for several days.  C'mon, really?  This is a serious inconvenience. 

Frequent Visitor

Having same problem here in Memphis. Is there anyone in this forum from Comcast/Xfinity that can give us an update?

New Poster

Has anyone's issue with this been resolved yet?  If so, what is the solution?  I've tried to be patient for a few weeks now thinking Xfinity would fix this. 

Problem Solver

Has it been determined what the actual bug is or its cause?

1. Is it the X1 platform?

2. Is it the Win 10 system?

3. Is it a browser problem?

4. Is it the timezone error message?

5. Is it the reversal of the filter button for My Channels?

6. Is it restricted to the pc, or is any other device that's used affected

7. Is it too much time and effort being spent on the revision of the homepage?

My personal observations:

Using only my pc, either Chrome or IE 11 - Win 7--  no other browsers.   No X1 platform.

1. I still have the timezone message.

2. As indicated by the above images, the button for My Channels works in the reverse of the     other 2 filters.   i.e. when it's blank/black, I get the full listing of ALL the channels available     to me for my zip and comcast connection.

3. The Favorites & HD buttons work when selected {BLUE}.  

Am I the only one that can get the full channel listing by toggling the My Channel button? 

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

I'm going to reply to myself here, seems like there ain't no comcast personnel available.  

This morning, I went to the comcast tv listing page on my pc and I noticed:

1. The timezone message was gone

2. The "nothing matched filters" message could not be generated

3. The My Channels button was working

4. The DVR manager was functioning

Now the $64 question, WERE ALL THESE PROBLEMS RELATED TO THE JAVA SCRIPT ERROR MENTIONED IN A PREVIOUS POST?

If not, how about some answers?   

ciao, bj

Administrator
Administrator

The Comcast Development Team released additional updates that addressed the "My Channel" filter problem that caused the gray screen and an update that corrected the "TV Listings Timezone"

issue. At this time the MY Channel filter and TV Listing Timezone issues are resolved.

The above issues were not related  to the with the DVR Manager.

Thank You

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product; Support; Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

ComcastJohnL, thank you for your reply..

I saw your pinned notice in the DVR Manager Forum.  I was looking for a similar one here in the XfinityTV Website Forum, where the majority of the DVR problems were posted and this thread was started.  

And again, I ask, were all these problems related to one underlining factor, or multiples?  The timezone issue originated last year, Nov 1. Then the MyChannel filter cropped up and last the DVR emerged.  

Isn't there some way notices and updates could be posted by the development team and or all the comcast official employees involved, that would address these issues?

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

hi bj,

well i don't have answers to your excellent questios. i commusserate: ther should be at least a vehicle that says we acknowledge the prob and we're working on it. if wishes...

glad to have things working normally again.

d

Frequent Visitor

Re: My Channels filter - PROBLEM HAS RETURNED

Hello John L.    

I noticed today the the "My Channels" filter is no longer working properly.  

It was performing properly for about one month or so.  

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Brian

Regular Contributor

Re: My Channels filter - PROBLEM HAS RETURNED

I am having this problem also, and I am outraged to see it has been going on for a long time and hasn't been dealt with. Not only does the "My Channels" button result in a blank screen, when I push the "Favorites" button, all the channels I had saved as favorites are no longer there. I didn't mind so much that the "My Channels" button doesn't work as long as I could select my favorite channels, but now that that doesn't work, it is very difficult for me to fine shows to record. What I pay to Comcast is not a small sum to me, and I am not getting my money's worth. They have a monopoly on cable here, and they act like it. 

New Poster

My channels filter worked for a few days but now I get a blank gray area again.
Problem Solver

I do believe they've messed up the lineup and buttons again.

When a button is blue that should indicate selection.  It does with Favorites & HD, but the REVERSE appears to be for MyChannels.

I also noticed that my settings had changed from 5 hr grid to 3hr grid.

Toggle the MyChannels button on and off, you might get the listing back.

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

It has NOT been fixed. I have been having the same problem and I have spent a lot of time on the phone with customer service, and am still waiting for a promised fix. Also, my favorites have all disappeared, so I can't rely on them to show the channels I use regularly. I am paying Comcast for service I am not getting and have wasted a lot of time so far. 

New Poster

I am STILL having this issue, despite various methods to try and fix this error.

Regular Contributor

I notice now that the "My Channels" button has disappeared. That's the Comcast way. If something's broken, don't fix it, just get rid of it.
Frequent Visitor

Mine is not working again either. It is there but when I turn it on I get a blank display with no channels.It is a shame the same problems continue month after month.

Frequent Visitor

My screenshot looks like the others posted. btw, how does one post a screenshot?