Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Must download xfinity TV app to watch video....but I already have the apps

New Poster

Must download xfinity TV app to watch video....but I already have the apps

So, I am trying to get my zombie fix buy watching it on my iPad 2 but when I press play the black screen loads Like it should but I get the error "video can only be watched through Xfinity tv app" please download Through iTunes.. As you can guess, I already have every Xfinity app there is.. Help, maybe?
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Must download xfinity TV app to watch video....but I already have the apps

It sounds like you're still trying to watch video through Safari, which won't work.  You'll need to exit Safari and look for the app icon - its white with "xfinity" in red letters.  Try that and let me know if that works.  If you can't find it, try downloading the app again from the app store:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-tv/id401629893?mt=8

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am having the same problem. But when I am in Safari I am able to select Desperate Houswives and I select to watch online. Then the screen tells me to download the tv app which I have done already twice. When I go into the tv app and search for Desperate Houswives it doesn't come up. Please help!
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

you can only watch through the app on an apple device.  The shows that are listed for you to watch on your computer are not the same as what's available through the app.  I just checked in the app, desperate housewives is available for season 8 on the app, at least where I am.

New Poster

I downloaded every Xfinity app there is, exited Safari, opened google and when trying to open the xfinity page from my Comcast account, the page just blinks black and white continuously and never loads... I suppose watching " The Walking Dead" is not going to happen? I've downloaded the red app the white app and even the sport app with no luck.. What now?
Cable Expert

You need the Xfinity app described in this post just above, in this thread, and you access the videos by running the app:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Must-download-xfinity-TV-app-to-watch-video-but-I...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have it installed...have HAD it installed, yet, still same problem. Next?
Silver Problem Solver

when you press the apps icon it takes you to the watch screen, you click play now and you pick a show to watch and thats it, thats how it works.  You do not go to the internet, you only run it through the app.  when you go into the app and click play now and pick a show what happens.