Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Multiple showings of series set as recorded

Regular Contributor

Multiple showings of series set as recorded

I have a show set to record at 9pm. Worried about storms around 9:30, I bring up listing to set a repeat of the same show at 1am. On the listing it shows as being set to record. It doesn't show up that way in DVR manager. Since I didn't set it, I didn't want to cancel it as I was afraid it would cancel the current recording.

Never seen this one before. any ideas? Too late for tonight, but would like to know if it happens again. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Multiple showings of series set as recorded

dbvirago wrote:

I have a show set to record at 9pm. Worried about storms around 9:30, I bring up listing to set a repeat of the same show at 1am. On the listing it shows as being set to record. It doesn't show up that way in DVR manager. Since I didn't set it, I didn't want to cancel it as I was afraid it would cancel the current recording.

Never seen this one before. any ideas? Too late for tonight, but would like to know if it happens again. 

To be clear: When you went to try and record the show at 1 AM you found that it was already set to record on your TV but not on your DVR Manager. Is this correct?

If so, did it record properly?

Do you have this program set up as a series recording?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple showings of series set as recorded

Yes, the 9 oclock one was already recording. The 1am one did not record. I had not previously set the 1am show to record, only the 9pm one. No it was not a series recording - I rarely use those as I have had too many issues in the past.

Since the 1am show was set to record, I couldn't set it. I didn't want to stop is, since it was somehow tied into the 9p setting, I was afraid I would kill that one.

In hindsight, I should have stopped the show I was watching and set it on the onscreen guide.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation