Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Multiple computers will not play on demand movies.

New Poster

Multiple computers will not play on demand movies.

I'd really appreciate some help.  I'm using a shared computer to watch movies through my xfinity account.  There was a recent upgrade to our computers and the Xfinity online movie streaming stopped working.  I am subscribed to all channels so I know that isn't the problem.  I have tried 3 separate computers and used both Internet Explorer and Chrome on each comptuer but the same problem persists.  I will click play under my watchlist for the video I want to see and the video will show me it's rating and what channel it comes from ie, HBO, Cinemax, TBS, FXM, etc, but it stays on a black screen after that and seems stuck.  I've tried waiting but nothing else happens.  I have also had it show me an obtaining authorization message, then the rating, then it appears to be loading the video with 4 blue dots doing the "thinking or loading" sequence.  Then it says 

Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video.

Please refresh this page in your browser to try again.

(Error 900|101000.101002.101006)

Or a variation of the message above.

I have also had it randomly tell me that I have the maximum number of allowed devices and give me the option to manage my devices.  This only happens once in a blue moon and they are all online streaming movies.  I'm not trying to download anything.  The only movie it will allow me to watch is "One night with the King".  It also allowed me to play some old fox news election coverage from 2008.  The only thing that I noticed in common with these two is once they started playing a Hulu icon appeared as the network it was playing from.  That one loaded and played with no problem and every single other movie will not.  It plays on every computer and every browser.  Why would it play one movie and not all of them?  

It also will allow me to play clips and trailers of the movies I want to watch with no problem, just not the full movie itself.  Also, it lets me stream live tv shows as well.  I know it's not my subscription because I am subscribed to everything as I said above.  Its as if with the movies, it loads to a certain point and then just won't go any further.

I only just installed google chrome today so the recent comptuer update should not have anything to do with that browser having difficulty.

Please help! ANY suggestions are appreciated!

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation