Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Much of Starz and Encore content unwatchable on XfinityTV

Regular Contributor

Much of Starz and Encore content unwatchable on XfinityTV

I ordered Starz earlier this week, but so far I've only been able to watch one movie (Wreck It Ralph). Pretty much every show or movie I've tried to watch is a laggy slideshow. Stuttering, pausing, out of sync audio...one movie (Hero) had an unavailable message, but every time I re-clicked on it a device was being added to my device list. After two re-tries error the message changed to something about being out of devices to use.

I thought at first it was just laggy during peak hours, but after days of trying to watch at all hours of the day and seeing no improvement I'm set to blame Comcast.

This is on top of whatever issues you've been having for days now. Havent been able to check my texts or voicemails since Wed or Thurs, my email doesnt load half the time, available channels appear locked on Xfiniyt, etc and so on.

I urge everyone that reads this to contact Comcast Customer Support if you are suffering from the same shoddy service as I am. Demand fair compensation for the broken service you are paying way too much for. Free premium channel, discounted bill, pro-rated refund, get whatever you can and dont let them place the blame on you. We deserve better than this.

Regular Contributor

Re: Much of Starz content unwatchable on Xfinity

Encore content is laggy and stuttering as well. Starz and Encore are owned by the same company, I doubt its a coincidence that both channels content is unwatchable online.

Can I get a Comcast response here? Can someone please look into this? The entire Xfinity site has been performing badly this month, but the content from those two networks is visibly worse.

Regular Visitor

Re: Much of Starz and Encore content unwatchable on XfinityTV

Starz stations often has digital distortion for this Comcast Subscriber. I have gone through intensive trouble shootings with Comcast without resolution to the problem. They want to send a one of their cable men to my place but tell me if they can't find the problem when their service guys shows up they will issue me a service charge. I find this outrageous!  I am supposed to take off a day from work and get a service charge because the service they supply does not work! Their phone technical support people are usually polite but  ineffective. 

Regular Contributor

Fortunately, Starz has finally made a deal with Comcast to allow its customers access to Starz Play. I have noticed that the quality of Starz Play content is miles above what Comcast forces on us. Comcast always blames the network for low quality content, strange that HBO GO, Showtime Anytime and Starz Play all perform much better than Xfinity.

Its nice to know that Comcast's days as a middleman are almost over. Now that the networks can deliver content directly to customers its becoming pretty obvious that Comcast isn't needed. It'd be one thing if they did a good job and offered something worth paying for, but considering Comcast's track record I think its fair to say that they deserve to fail.

Regular Visitor

One odd fact I have discovered is that the movies which are unwatchable when Starz displays the digital distortion sometimes are available without a problem OnDemend. When they are available OnDemend they play without the distortion. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation