members

online now

discussions

Mtv app on Roku, Comcast not listed as provider

ANSWERED
Contributor

Mtv app on Roku, Comcast not listed as provider

Hi & sorry not exactly sure where to post this:

We recently added the Mtv app to our Roku box but do not see Comcast/Xfinity listed as a provider. Does Comcast/Xfinity not support the Mtv app?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: ITUNES APP: Comcast not listed as provider

The answer is simple: TV Everywhere rights aka using your Xfinity credentials to log in the MTV app or website has expired or have never been negotiated between Viacom (owner of MTV, Nickelodeon, Spike, VH1) and Comcast.

We as customers have to wait till these two companies negotiate those rights.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: Mtv app on Roku, Comcast not listed as provider

Hi there,

Having the same problem. MTV lists xfinity/comcast when you try to watch a show on mtv.com but does not show up on my Roku. I'm hoping it is a technical issue. 

New Poster

Me too I hope someone can fix this or explain to me if I am able to 'use' the mtv app to watch anything with comcast/xfinity as my provider. It works on my laptop to watch mtv with the xfinity provider listed but not on RokuTV

Problem Solver

Hello hanage1,

Your entertainment experience is very important to us. We will look into this matter for you and get back to you as soon as possible. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Admin1

Hello All -- We do not have support for the MTV App on Roku. We have established a partnership with Roku to bring a Xfinity TV Partner App to these devices. For more information on this partnership, please refer to this link:

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-and-roku-bring-xfinity-tv-partner-ap...

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

No Xfinity does not support mtv roku. And this is not a technical error!

New Poster

Several months later and still no mtv on roku for comcast! How ridiculous that I had to download the MTV app on my phone just to watch one episode of a show I wanted to watch. What's the point of having Comcast. They're the worst. Expensive and always screwing us over. Thanks Xfinity
New Poster

I can't use the Xfinity app on Roku unless I'm on Comcast/Xfinity internet, I'm on vacation, and can't watch anything.
New Poster

I am having the same problem on my Apple TV. Is this an MTV app problem? Because it is not listing as a TV provider on the app but I can watch it from my laptop
Silver Problem Solver

MTV is a Viacom network. Comcast does not have an agreement with Viacom for allowing the app to work on Roku's and probably other 'non-portable' devices. You can see a list of affected networks here:

http://www.viacom.com/brands/Pages/default.aspx

This also affects Turner network channels, too.

New Poster

So it is completely pointless to spend any moneyon Comcast anymore because they literally like to screw people out of things. I currently have Comcast, yet I can't connect half of what I have through them on my roku, and there is no point in the Comcast app on roku..... Yup.
Service Expert

Adamo21 wrote:
So it is completely pointless to spend any moneyon Comcast anymore because they literally like to screw people out of things. I currently have Comcast, yet I can't connect half of what I have through them on my roku, and there is no point in the Comcast app on roku..... Yup.

My guess is that it costs more to provide those services than they can recover in income.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

Well it's been over a YEAR since you wrote that Xfinity was going to remedy this! Nothing has changed! I'm sooo tired of Xfinity! Charge all the money in the world but won't be a provider?!
New Poster

Jan 2018 and I noticed that MTV.com no longer lists comcast or xfinity.  It did in Dec 2017.

So, I'm paying Xfinity for service + bonus channels, and then I see the channel's websites no longer list comcast/xfinity.

Happened with spike.com too.  December it was working, January it's not.

New Poster

ITUNES APP: Comcast not listed as provider

Just wondering why comcast isn’t listed as a provider in the MTV iTunes app. Its listed on MTV.com (

Contributor

Re: ITUNES APP: Comcast not listed as provider

The answer is simple: TV Everywhere rights aka using your Xfinity credentials to log in the MTV app or website has expired or have never been negotiated between Viacom (owner of MTV, Nickelodeon, Spike, VH1) and Comcast.

We as customers have to wait till these two companies negotiate those rights.