Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Moving with Comcast Is a Horror!

Frequent Visitor

Moving with Comcast Is a Horror!

I recently moved. In times past this was an easy process with comcast, but it has become a complicated nighmare now! This time, issues have been: long wait time for a technician to come add 2 new outlets (a week?!) in the 2 bedrooms, dropping my calls while transferring me during between depts, changing my phone number after they promised it would be the same, not finding a signal to my modem until the 3rd transfer, a rude customer service agent when I was already pretty livid after the 4th call after as many hang up calls, trying to add on extra services when that's not what I wanted (I can barely afford the expense now!) and a 2 to 4 day wait for the phone signal they sent to take effect  when it used to just take moments!  I AM ON LIFE ALERT, which relies on the phone system!  It shouldn't take days! That's just unacceptable. Is this normal now? If so, what happened? They don't really seem to care about the fact I need medical help and ambulances from time to time. In each call (after they lost me during transfers, forcing me to call back and hours of my time) I had to start from the begining, explaining the whole thing all over to someone new, only to be lost again and they still haven't gotten it right! I went online to watch something on xfinity online after assurances thatf finally, at least my TV and internet should be working  but it states that I can't watch a certain channel because it's not part of my package! WHAT?!!  I have them ALL, so what the heck happened? Will I need to call....again!?! They have no clue what they're doing and it now takes way too long to get service moved. How do I resolve this? Calling didn't help. My life alert isn't on, no phone and internet isn't fully funcional on their site. I'm usually a polite peaceful person, but this made me really livid. Is there just one peron that can help resolve these things or is this just how it is now? Will it even get resolved? HOW?  I'm exhausted! 

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation