Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Motorola DCX3400 Incompatible with Xfinity TV App on iPhone?

Regular Visitor

Motorola DCX3400 Incompatible with Xfinity TV App on iPhone?

Hello,

I recently had to have my old DVR replaced. It was replaced with a Motorola DCX3400. Since it was replaced (on Saturday last week), I've been trying to use the Xfinity TV app, but it doesn't show the new DVR. It shows our other two cable boxes, however.

Prior to having the DVR swapped, I had zero problems using the Xfinity TV app on my iPhone to control my old DVR. Suddenly, it's not compatible? Under "Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs", it lists all three devices, but the DVR says:

"TV Control is not available for this cable box. Why?" Clicking the "Why?" link takes me to a page which leads me to believe the DCX3400 IS compatible, so I'm at a loss.

When I go to the DVR Manager page, all it says is:

"You're now ready to schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.

Syncing in Process

DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR."

It's said that since Saturday, after the DVR was replaced. At first I thought it was because the Guide hadn't finished loading, but now...  Please help. I find the remote VERY beneficial to use.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Motorola DCX3400 Incompatible with Xfinity TV App on iPhone?

zmagby wrote:

Hello,

I recently had to have my old DVR replaced. It was replaced with a Motorola DCX3400. Since it was replaced (on Saturday last week), I've been trying to use the Xfinity TV app, but it doesn't show the new DVR. It shows our other two cable boxes, however.

Prior to having the DVR swapped, I had zero problems using the Xfinity TV app on my iPhone to control my old DVR. Suddenly, it's not compatible? Under "Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs", it lists all three devices, but the DVR says:

"TV Control is not available for this cable box. Why?" Clicking the "Why?" link takes me to a page which leads me to believe the DCX3400 IS compatible, so I'm at a loss.

When I go to the DVR Manager page, all it says is:

"You're now ready to schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.

Syncing in Process

DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR."

It's said that since Saturday, after the DVR was replaced. At first I thought it was because the Guide hadn't finished loading, but now...  Please help. I find the remote VERY beneficial to use.

Thank you.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation