Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Most videos Crash when I try to watch them with "Oops... Silver Crashed"

Frequent Visitor

Most videos Crash when I try to watch them with "Oops... Silver Crashed"

This is becoming MORE annoying every day.  I am about to cancel my subscription all together if I do not get this working and I MEAN TODAY!!!

I have used IE9, Chrome, FireFox and Sufari web browsers, NONE of them work.  The silverlight plug just crashing when the main video tries to start.  here is what happens.

I find a movie I want to watch.

Click on the play.

the ads play JUST FINE, GEE imagine THAT!!!!

once the main video starts to play, it stutters for a second, slows down and then crashes within 2 to 3 seconds with the error: "Oops, Chrome crashed", in a yellow drop down box above the web page, It says "Silverlight Plig-In has Crashed"

BUT, IF I start the video and then IMMEDIATELY switch to another tab or minimize the browser, I hear the movie start to play and it will continue to run until I bring the video up and it then crashes again.  This tells me its one of 2 things. 

A. Bad video drivers.  ( I know this is not the case. I have tried 5 different driver versions, including the most current and went backwards in time to 18 months ago.

B. The silverlight plug in is trying to do something that the video driver was not designed to do.

Here are the steps I have taken to TRY to fix the problem.

1. uninstall reinstall silver light and all updates for it.

2. Use ALL of the above web browsers.

3. uninstall and reinstall ALL of the above web browsers.

4. uninstall and did a video driver cleaning using AMD's driver cleaner tool and reinstall the video driver and Catalyst Contro Panel.

5. rebooted after EVERY change from the above steps.

6. Run CCleaner multiple times.

The ONLY thing left is to wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  THis is NOT going to happen as I have too much stuff on my machine and not enough time to do it.

EDIT: I removed some borderline language to avoid having the thread removed - ComcastJoe

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Most videos Crash when I try to watch them with "Oops... Silver Crashed&quot

My Device Information My Zip Code:71106My Cable Provider:Comcast Shreveport DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:75.66.107.86My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 21 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.79 Safari/537.1My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.3 R31Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled Time Information My Clock Time:Fri Aug 17 2012 20:36:14 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)Server Clock Time:Fri Aug 17 2012 20:35:55 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) My Account Information Primary Account:TrueProvider Codes:Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Bk, Br, C, Bo, Cj, Bt, Cc, F, M, H, Ad, BnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True
Official Employee

Re: Most videos Crash when I try to watch them with "Oops... Silver Crashed&

Do you have any anti-virus or ad blocking software installed?

Where are you re-installing Silverlight from? What website?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

No ad-blocker and no anti-virus turned on.

DL directly from MS website.

What's the PROBLEM???

Official Employee

dbpaladine wrote:

No ad-blocker and no anti-virus turned on.

DL directly from MS website.

What's the PROBLEM???

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install our patched version of Silverlight from the link below:

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Also, what video(s) are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm sure you know this already, but this solution doesn't work. Can you please update this thread with any new info you have on this problem? I haven't been able to watch any premium shows on the streaming site for months. Why is it taking so long to solve this problem? 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation