Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Mod Request (Back to top element) for Pagination

Frequent Visitor

Mod Request (Back to top element) for Pagination

• You don't have to click and drag the scroll bar.
                    • You don't have to hit the home key or page up.
                    • You don't have to use the mouse wheel.
                    • You only need to conveniently left click once.

home.png

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Mod Request (Back to top element) for Pagination

You mean suggenstion? If this is a suggestion topic, you can also press HOME on your keyboard to go back to the top.

Frequent Visitor

John please learn to read. A mod "request" is very similar to a "suggestion". One would not make a suggestion unless t was something they're requesting.

I'm already aware of the "home" key, hence the reason why I'm making the "request". smh

Frequent Visitor

You may not agree but I found this feature to be very useful on other sites that paginate in the same manner. Yes, it's simple to life your entire hand and hit the home key on the keyboard but who wants to do that when your hand is already on the mouse? It's about efficiency and convenience. Is someone going to die? No, but it's just a suggestion nonetheless so please.

Frequent Visitor

lift*

Silver Problem Solver

1. You can edit your posts. 

2. I have NEVER heard someone call a suggestion a "mod"

Frequent Visitor

No worries man. I used "mod" as short for:

mod·i·fi·ca·tion
ˌmädəfəˈkāSHən/
noun

1. the action of modifying something.
    "the parts supplied should fit with little or no modification"
    synonyms:softening, moderation, tempering, qualification More

Frequent Visitor

So you came into this thread asking what I mean when I'm pretty sure "REQUEST" in the title with an altered graphic and notations including the mention of not having to hit the home key which you clearly did not read, what's you're point? (rhetoric)

I should also mention that I've worked in IT for over 10 years. In my field of work that term ("MOD REQUEST" SHORT AS IN "MODIFICATION REQUEST" AND NOT "MOD" ALONE) is thrown around when suggestions for change are requested. If I QUOTE "request" DON'T TWIST and try to relate "mod" instead to "suggestion" seeing I didn't do that. I was very clear. I'm not sure what the big deal is. Clearly my original post is suggestion to "modify" or "change" the xfinitytv page. It's a request because I'm asking for it and a suggestion because I don't have the access or authority to do so.

I am well aware that I can edit a post. I chose not, is that a problem also? (rhetoric)

So let me expain why I followed my "?" with (rhetoric). This is so silly I don't care for your answers. I'm just going to ignore you going forward seeing you're having difficulty reading. Please let this post be and do the same for any future posts of mine under this thread while replying to others. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

And for anybody else out there that might find this confusing.. 

1. In the title I have "mod request" as in modification or change request.

2. I included a graphic showig an alteration to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/

3. Clicking something similar to the added graphic would be equivelant to hitting the "home" key.

So can we now let whoever at comcast make note of it and hopefully we'll see it in the future? Again, is anybody going to die because it's not there? No.. so let's not make a big deal about this. Seriously. If someone want to make a suggestion (a better graphic?), that's one thing but please read the bullets in the original post and note what we are trying to avoid. From my view, this is a closed thread and anything outside of the original post should be opened in a new thread.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation