Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Mobile App on iPhone data transfers at Midnight?

Contributor

Mobile App on iPhone data transfers at Midnight?

My xFinity mobile app for my iPhone works great.  I mostly use it to change channels on a remote DVR STB that is connected via a long run to a TV we keep on our Deck.  Very convenient.

However, since about the time I installed the app to my iPhone I've been getting a 3-8M data transfer to my iPhone every night around 12:30 am.  I do not know for sure that it started with the installation of this app, and I will begin some shotgunning tonight, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.  It is a concern because my habit is to set my iPhone on my night stand attached to the recharger.  I learned from ATT that the iPhone in stand-by mode (i.e. when the screen is off) will not access WiFi, rather it uses cell data.  I've got the cheapest, lightest cell data plan, and am running close to my limit every month now that these daily transfers have started.

Does the app update the guide for instance at mid-night:30, or is the guide updated on demand?

Thanks 

Contributor

Re: Mobile App on iPhone data transfers at Midnight?

Probably should have done this before posting, but googled symptoms and found literally thousands of posts of other iPhone users with similar mysterious large uploads at 12:30 EST all unrelated to xfinity apps. 

Sorry to clutter forum.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation