Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Missing many channels...X1 Guide viewing Online with PC and with X1 app

New Poster

Missing many channels...X1 Guide viewing Online with PC and with X1 app

While accessing the X1 Guide on my PC at this link https://xtv.comcast.net/grid or using the X1 Android app on my smartphone I noted today that the channel lineup for HD is down to only 15 channels. Noticebly missing were all local such as ABC, CBS, NBC.... and then a slew of most all other channels. Spoke with two reps online and they simply don't understand me. Telling me to go to TVGO, when I try to explain that I have X1 and that he guide online works in conjunction with my X1 service on my TV.... 

Bottom line, I've lost loads of channels here in the Chicago area. Anyone else?

Service Expert

Re: Missing many channels...X1 Guide viewing Online with PC and with X1 app

noblechuck wrote:

While accessing the X1 Guide on my PC at this link https://xtv.comcast.net/grid or using the X1 Android app on my smartphone I noted today that the channel lineup for HD is down to only 15 channels. Noticebly missing were all local such as ABC, CBS, NBC.... and then a slew of most all other channels. Spoke with two reps online and they simply don't understand me. Telling me to go to TVGO, when I try to explain that I have X1 and that he guide online works in conjunction with my X1 service on my TV.... 

Bottom line, I've lost loads of channels here in the Chicago area. Anyone else?

run the xfinity Myaccount app and touch the TV tab. from there you swill have a link to see all the channels that are on your plan. If you think it is wrong then contact 800-comcast and select billing to review your plan's chanels and options. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

It's not you, not your plan's channels and options, not your bandwidth, not your timezone, not your settings, not that devious squirrel out back, not the way you're eating your soup, but it is definitely Comcast's internal servers. I'm 99.9% sure of it. There is nothing you can do. There is nothing Comcast support staff can do. There is nothing Comcast billing staff can do. There is nothing Comcast forum administrators can do. The only people who can resolve this issue are the computer scientists working at Comcast's server farms. Let's hope they are not on vacation, home for the night, or cleaning up the coffee spill on the live streaming server. I really hope they will resolve this issue soon.

The thing is though, we will not be getting an ETA or even an acknowledgement of the problem. The best we will get is that 'there isn't any problems' or 'they will look into it' and 'it should resolve itself within 48 hours'. This is short talk for, 'I don't know what is happening, but our service isn't working for you right now. Please wait 48 hours and check again. Perhaps the IT people will fix your issue by then, but we have no communication with them at all. So we have no idea what we're talking about or what will happen. My supervisor has no idea and our knowledgebase shows no solutions for your issue. We are hoping that it will resolve itself. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your login credentials though!'

Grrrrrr....

New Poster

I am having the same issue this week with both the Android app and this online Xfinity TV site.  I have maybe 50 channels listed altogether and so cannot see what's on anything else or watch anything on them either.  Clicking on TV listings on my account page shows only channels up to channel 99 then nothing (and never has since we got service). I contacted Comcast and was told they escelated both issues but it sounds like this is a recurring issue that is not corrected properly.

New Poster

Glad I found this thread before I killed myself trying to figure what "I" might have been doing wrong.

Is the same for everyone esle here? You're missing channels on the xtv site and on the Xfinity app, but any TVs hooked into the cable boxes directly are fine?

New Poster

Day 2- No change, still missing channels on all platforms other then my actual TV. And no, it has nothing to do with my service plan or available channels in my plan. 

For the record and for comparison sake these are the channels I receive, again no rhyme or reason.

169- NFL Network

173- ESPN

174- NBCSN

200- CSN

203- ESPN

219- TBS

221- USA

233- MLB

237- FS1

256- BTN

266- CNBC

270- Weather

335- ESPN Deportes

Frequent Visitor

Still got this issue.  Tried contacting support via chat.  Waited 30 minutes before colosing the browser.  

New Poster

I have gone through 2 "chat" sessions, so far there is nobody that has a clue as to what my actual issue is or what's causing it. The fact that it is occuring with others and across several platforms means it's an Xfinity problem, not mine. They supposedly escalated the the issue... was supposed to receive a call this morning... That didn't happen.

New Poster

I don't know if it means anything, but this afternoon my area had a 3 hour long power outage. When the power was restored, all my devices had all the channels back.

New Poster

Update- As of 5:54pm this evening I now have full channel lineup. 

New Poster

It came back online for me for a few hours and now the entire service is offline Smiley Sad

New Poster

Update- PC guide is now working. Howver the guide using the "Xfinity TV" app still remains the same, limited channels.

It's sad when chatting with Comcast/Xfinity reps that they do not know the difference between X1 and the TVGO. Comcast, if you're watching, I'm still waiting on that phone call for the tech to assist me. 

Problem Solver

It's also sad that when you call into Comcast there is no direct access to an apps specific department. No, my TV, internet, nor phone are down, but no option for all the different Comcast/Xfinity apps.

New Poster

If you use the online chat, they will transfer you to someone in the mobile app department. At least that what I was told when I used the chat option for help. Mine is working now.
Problem Solver

Yes, I understand I could use online chat, that is why I specifically said there is NO option when you CALL Comcast.  It becomes a real pain trying to type in all the symptoms I might have for a particular app issue. 

kelly3046 wrote:
If you use the online chat, they will transfer you to someone in the mobile app department. At least that what I was told when I used the chat option for help. Mine is working now.