Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing episodes

Frequent Visitor

Missing episodes

Why why why bother making a season of a series available to stream online with a couple of random episodes smack in the middle of a continuing story "unavailable in home only"!!!!!!!!!????????????????? Either the entire season should be available to stream or not, not season 1 except for episode 4 in home only. It's infuriating and makes no sense.  I can see no benefit to anyone for this. Please, someone explain.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Missing episodes

ahp3 wrote:

Why why why bother making a season of a series available to stream online with a couple of random episodes smack in the middle of a continuing story "unavailable in home only"!!!!!!!!!????????????????? Either the entire season should be available to stream or not, not season 1 except for episode 4 in home only. It's infuriating and makes no sense.  I can see no benefit to anyone for this. Please, someone explain.

Whether a show is available on demand and whether limited to at home only is controlled by the provider. A number of shows when it is first available on demand it is set to at home, then after a while the at home only limit is removed. That episode probably was missed getting its at home only flag removed. Which show is this?

Frequent Visitor

For example 10 days in the Valley season 1 4 episodes so far, episode 3 in home only. This is a mystery suspense if I I can’t watch episode 3 but I can watch episodes 1,2,4 and presumably the rest of the season (unless another random episode gets skipped) in either case the rest of the season is messed up for me. It’s not a one off problem this happens over and over and over again. The only time this gets corrected is after the season concludes. Then why stream it all until the season is over so you can stream them all.
Frequent Visitor

Why would providers only make some episodes available on demand and some available inhome randomly within the same season? That makes no sense
Frequent Visitor

Saying it’s the providers doing it not xfinity side steps the problem. It’s either on demand or it isn’t on demand, not on demand except for episode 3.
Bronze Problem Solver

ahp3 wrote:
Saying it’s the providers doing it not xfinity side steps the problem. It’s either on demand or it isn’t on demand, not on demand except for episode 3.

I've seen this problem on the forums many times, an episode mark in home while the rest are not. Its usually a mistake somewhere in the system and once brought to their attention, it gets fixed. Xf reps say its the providers that control this and they have to contact the provider to correct, but who knows.

New Poster

I'm also frustrated that there are always episodes missing from the complete season. I wanted to watch NCIS New Orleans that didn't record on my DVR when CBS was on strike. Of course those episodes aren't available to stream. When I checked NCIS about a week ago, the whole season was available. When I checked today, it is also missing episodes. There are early and late ones, but none in the middle. I can't stream it on my Dish because CBS isn't

available on Dish Demand. So I tried to watch on my PC with xfinity. If it is the provider making the decisions as I've read in the forum replies, why doesn't xfinity have any control? How are the episodes chosen that are shown? I'm missing Episodes 5 & 6 of Ten Days in the Valley. It's not a show you can miss an episode. I usually watch my DVR, but occasionally I'm missing a show. But so far most of what I have wanted to stream hasn't been available. Frustrated!!

Service Expert

@DkLeo wrote:

I'm also frustrated that there are always episodes missing from the complete season. I wanted to watch NCIS New Orleans that didn't record on my DVR when CBS was on strike. Of course those episodes aren't available to stream. When I checked NCIS about a week ago, the whole season was available. When I checked today, it is also missing episodes. There are early and late ones, but none in the middle. I can't stream it on my Dish because CBS isn't

available on Dish Demand. So I tried to watch on my PC with xfinity. If it is the provider making the decisions as I've read in the forum replies, why doesn't xfinity have any control? How are the episodes chosen that are shown? I'm missing Episodes 5 & 6 of Ten Days in the Valley. It's not a show you can miss an episode. I usually watch my DVR, but occasionally I'm missing a show. But so far most of what I have wanted to stream hasn't been available. Frustrated!!

this is the watchathon week and the episodes 5&6 are now available free from ABC. you didn't say what seas/ep you needed for NCIS but check NCIS episodes and watch them this week during the free watchathon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation