Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Missing DVR Online Functionality Like Scheduling Records and Reviewing TV Listings

New Poster

Missing DVR Online Functionality Like Scheduling Records and Reviewing TV Listings

Since a recent update I can not longer-

1. Schedule recordings from TV Listings - is gone 
  2. Review shows I have DVR set up for -is gone 
  3. Delete shows that I have schedule for record -is gone 

I have called customer support and they tell me to make a prayer to the Comcast gods.  I am waited for Comcast to fix this.  It must be a mistake as I can't believe they would delete the only features that make it worth paying $250 a month for.  I no longer can figure out what to watch on TV.

Is this going to get fixed?

Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: Missing DVR Online Functionality Like Scheduling Records and Reviewing TV Listings

mkokernak wrote:

Since a recent update I can not longer-

1. Schedule recordings from TV Listings - is gone 
  2. Review shows I have DVR set up for -is gone 
  3. Delete shows that I have schedule for record -is gone 

I have called customer support and they tell me to make a prayer to the Comcast gods.  I am waited for Comcast to fix this.  It must be a mistake as I can't believe they would delete the only features that make it worth paying $250 a month for.  I no longer can figure out what to watch on TV.

Is this going to get fixed?

Good news. Since you are an X1 customer with DVR you can do all of the above once you add Cloud DVR. Please give us a call at 800-XFINITY and ask that they "add the Cloud DVR rate codes" to your account. There is no additional charge.

Added bonus, this will also allow you to watch all of your recordings on the XFINITY TV mobile apps or online portal.  Only recordings taking place after we've added the Cloud DVR rate codes will be recorded in the cloud and Cloud storage is limited to 60 hours. However, you will be able to schedule and delete upcoming scheduled recordings.

In the meantime, you can use the XFINITY TV Remote app for iOS or Android to schedule recordings (available to both X1 and non-X1 customers).

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation