Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Microsoft Silverlight

Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Silverlight

Alright, so I'm trying to watch The Big Bang Theory online, so far, I've only experienced the problem watching this show, but every time I try to watch it, it tells me to update Microsoft Silverlight, but running the installer says that I have Silverlight 64 bit installed already. I'm able to watch other shows, only The Big Bang Theory doesn't seem to work.

Help would be appreciated.

I'm watching it on the xfinity.com website, clips seem to work, but full length episodes do not.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Microsoft Silverlight

Xtrememan wrote:

Alright, so I'm trying to watch The Big Bang Theory online, so far, I've only experienced the problem watching this show, but every time I try to watch it, it tells me to update Microsoft Silverlight, but running the installer says that I have Silverlight 64 bit installed already. I'm able to watch other shows, only The Big Bang Theory doesn't seem to work.

Help would be appreciated.

I'm watching it on the xfinity.com website, clips seem to work, but full length episodes do not.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

My Zip Code:80138

My Cable Provider:Not Installed

My myDVR Manager Status:Activated

My Set Top Box Names:Upstairs TV

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:76.25.172.244

My operating system:Windows - Undefined

My web browser:Chrome 24 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.14 Safari/537.17

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0

My flash version:11.5 R31

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled (2913 Bytes)

Time Information

My Clock Time: Fri Nov 16 2012 22:57:53 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

Server Clock Time: Fri Nov 16 2012 22:57:51 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

My Account Information
Primary Account: False
Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Cg, Au, Bv, B, U, C, Br, Bt, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bu, By, Bs, At, Cb, Ch, Bz, Bm, Bl, Bp, Bo, Cc, F, M, Bn
Internet Subscriber: True
Cable TV Subscriber: True
Voice Subscriber: True

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Big-Bang-Theory/8118784557012618112/2304353472/Lizard-Spock-E...

and

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Big-Bang-Theory/8118784557012618112/2304353654/Cushion-Satura...

But I can and have watched other shows, the newest episode of CSI, and the newest episode of The Simpsons on Xfinity.com

The Simpsons, confirmed working http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Simpsons/6440918268753874112/2291049396/Treehouse-of-Horror-X...

New Poster

I have the same issue in any browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) and cant watch the Pac-12 network streams when I'm on the road. I have Windows 7 64 bit, everything up to date, and Silverlight installed, when trying to reinstall it tells me the latest version of 64 bit Silverlight is installed.

I have no issues with Amazon, Netflix, or any other service provider using Microsoft Silverlight. I am subscribed to Comcast and have the channel at home. This has been going on for a few weeks now and I've missed a few WSU games that I actually pay for subscriptions to.

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.80.198.230 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 23 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.64 Safari/537.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.5 R31 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2789 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Nov 17 2012 14:21:20 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Sat Nov 17 2012 14:21:17 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Cg, Au, Bv, B, U, Br, Bt, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bu, By, Bs, At, Cb, Ch, Bz, Bm, Bl, Bp, Bo, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

Edit: I can also play on demand stuff, its literally just Pac12 networks stream that says SIlverlight is not installed.

Official Employee

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below:

Windows users 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Fixed it for Firefox, but not for Chrome.

Official Employee

Xtrememan wrote:

Fixed it for Firefox, but not for Chrome.

When using Chrome, are you getting the same messaging to update your Silverlight Player?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Sorry for the really late reply, but yes.

Official Employee

Xtrememan wrote:

Sorry for the really late reply, but yes.

Make sure that you have the Silverlight plug-in enabled in Google Chrome.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation