Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Microsoft Silverlight Update

New Poster

Microsoft Silverlight Update

I started watching "I am number four" earlier this evening and it worked without problems. However, about halfway through the movie it told me to update my Microsoft Silverlight plug-in. I refreshed the page without updating and it continued working for a time. When the message repeatedly popped up at the same part, I decided to do what it was asking and update the darn thing. So after updating it I restarted the browser and tried to go back to the movie. This message was (still is) being displayed on the screen, "You're almost ready to watch I am number four. Please upgrade your Microsoft plug-in to begin watching this video." I have now restarted my browser multiple times, restarted my entire computer three times and uninstalled/reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight twice. I am using Firefox as my browser and verified that Silverlight is indeed up to date. I don't understand why this message keeps popping up, but I'd really like to finish my movie. I watched 21 Jump Street last night with no issues pertaining to Silverlight and this is the first time I've ever been prompted by Comcast to update it before watching a movie. Help?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Microsoft Silverlight Update

Ahodgkins wrote:

I started watching "I am number four" earlier this evening and it worked without problems. However, about halfway through the movie it told me to update my Microsoft Silverlight plug-in. I refreshed the page without updating and it continued working for a time. When the message repeatedly popped up at the same part, I decided to do what it was asking and update the darn thing. So after updating it I restarted the browser and tried to go back to the movie. This message was (still is) being displayed on the screen, "You're almost ready to watch I am number four. Please upgrade your Microsoft plug-in to begin watching this video." I have now restarted my browser multiple times, restarted my entire computer three times and uninstalled/reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight twice. I am using Firefox as my browser and verified that Silverlight is indeed up to date. I don't understand why this message keeps popping up, but I'd really like to finish my movie. I watched 21 Jump Street last night with no issues pertaining to Silverlight and this is the first time I've ever been prompted by Comcast to update it before watching a movie. Help?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation