New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Microsoft Silverlight - Error 6003

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Silverlight - Error 6003

am receiving error 6003, you do not have DRM rights enabled under Silverlight.  In fact the appropriate boxes are checked and DRM is enabled insofar as Silverlight is concerned.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight to no avail.  Help.

Accepted Solution

Re: Microsoft Silverlight - Error 6003

Thanks for attempting to solve my problem.  It appeared to be the mspr.hds file which I deleted and allowed silverlight to recreate.  Problem solved!

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

clear cookies, clear cache, dont use ie9 use firefox or chrome. Update java, then see what happens.

Regular Visitor

did that.....no luck....what's next?

Silver Problem Solver

are you logging in with the primary account users credentials?

Regular Visitor

Yes

Contributor

Was able to view xfinity media as recently as yesterday. Now I get error 6003 when trying to view media on xfinity.

I use win7, chrome (latest version), have reinstalled silverlight, enabled DRM in silverlight, deleted and re-installed Flash and Java, search cannot find mspr.hd, have rebooted several times, have tried using IE and firefox.

No success.

4/29/12

Silver Problem Solver

its always best to start a new thread for a new issue as the solution for the original poster is probably not the solution for you.  somtimes its just something on comcasts end and nothing you can do on your end.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for attempting to solve my problem.  It appeared to be the mspr.hds file which I deleted and allowed silverlight to recreate.  Problem solved!

Contributor

I have re-entered question under new subject. Still no solution.

New Poster

I have tried for WEEKS every browser you can think of to watch Whale wars and many others and NOTHING helps!!Everything is enabled,cache cleared,no cookies,nothing,even took java off and re installed,etc,etc,etc. This is ridiculous when you pay over $140 a month and can't even watch a simple video on the net through comcast/xfinity. The only solution I ever see is Make sure your DRM is enabled.YES,that's the First thing I did,restarted the whole computer and everything still no go! Please,Please offer a real world solution!

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Error 6003

I am getting the following error message:

This video cannot be played.

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight  (Error 6003).

For instructions on how to fix your problem click below.

I have deleted and reinsstalled Microsoft Silverlight and still cannot play certain videos on XFinity.  Any suggestions?

New Poster

Re: Error 525/6002

I'm trying to watch the following:

• Any episode of Doctor Who
  • The Muppets Movie
  • Galaxy Quest movie

All of these I have been able to watch in the past - now I'm getting the dreaded Error 525|6003.

Comcast, please HELP!!