Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Message 'To watch ..., you'll need to connect to your home WiFi' when trying to stream

Contributor

Message 'To watch ..., you'll need to connect to your home WiFi' when trying to stream

Greetings,

The above message comes up on a number of basic basic channels (which are unfortunately not available via TV Go) although I am at home,  I am connected to the home WiFi, and as far as I can see the connection is working properly. I have been watching those channels without problem until earlier today. Other TV channels are streaming without problem.

So far, I've rebooted, signed out and signed in again, unplugged the internet connection and reconnected ... alas, to no avail.

1) Does anybody have the same or a similar problem?

2) Can anybody help me to solve the problem?

Any and all help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated !!! ~

Thanls and all the best -

New Poster

Re: Message 'To watch ..., you'll need to connect to your home WiFi' when trying to stream

This has happened to me multiple times while using their app. And customer "service" has no idea how to troubleshoot the issue outside of the popular, "reboot your modem" or my favorite "let me send a signal to your box". Hahaha.

I had the best results shaming them through Twitter, surprisingly they were right on that.
Contributor

Re: Message 'To watch ..., you'll need to connect to your home WiFi' when trying to stream

It feels good to know I'm not the only one - thanks for your message on this, Terpsfan1111! I hope you have a better experience in the future ... like ... no problem ever again.

It seems the issue I had yesterday has resolved itself overnight on its own while the PC was turned off. I just signed in and everything seems to be working without problems (fingers cossed) ~ ah, the miracles and wonders of computers and their alterate world Smiley Happy

New Poster

I had the same problem, tried the same things you did, and got the same result (no tv app working).  It works today so it was apparently a 1-day problem for me.

New Poster

I am getting this today.  No explaination why.  This company is a total fail when it comes to their web sites.

Bronze Problem Solver

I had this problem friday on wired and wireless, on the web site and on the app. I checked all of my equipment and all seemed fine. I called support and asked for my account to be refreshed, and a few minutes later it was working again. So if nothing has changed since you last used streaming at home, you might want to give this a try.