Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Meh...Comcast or Xfinity...new name...same old maddeningly bad customer service!

Frequent Visitor

Meh...Comcast or Xfinity...new name...same old maddeningly bad customer service!

Is it just me or is COMCAST the worst online customer site in the free world? I just followed their instructions to download an app for my Blackberry and it leads me back to an empty page that takes me back to beginning to start looping back into the same empty page all over again. It's because COMCAST has no real competition out here. They own us. They own the lines. No incentive to actually make things less opaque...as in for humans.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Meh...Comcast or Xfinity...new name...same old maddeningly bad customer service!

Anyone miffed that Comcast promised more HD channels years ago but they want to charge extra for ANY of them?  NOW they are taking HD channels AWAY from us unless we pay more!  (CMT)

We r done and finally going to Direct TV.

Customer Expert

Re: Meh...Comcast or Xfinity...new name...same old maddeningly bad customer service!

EDIT: Customer solved Blackberry problem. I moved this thread from Mobile apps to XfinityTV Online because there's an additional problem noted below.

The first post in this thread concerns the Blackberry app. That belongs here in the mobile app forum. I don't know why the app won't download for you. Hopefully another Blackberry user will chime in with help.

The second post here is a complaint about HD channels. It is unrelated to mobile apps. I hesitate to move it to the Channels and Programming forum because you probably won't be back. You said you're going to Direct TV.

This is a customer-to-customer help forum. We can't add channels. We can't fix the software. We might be able to help the first poster figure out whether the Blackberry app is totally broken, but we can't fix it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It isn't that the BB app won't load...I can probably get it to load & save if I could find it. I finally sent a URL to my BB phone's e-mail so I have a link to tap into while in the phone itself. Trouble is, that wssn't made clear in the instructions. My bad.

Frequent Visitor

Here's my case # for the real problem that started this whole "thing".... maybe you could help me or explain why this thing happens so often for no reason...smileyshocked::
Case ref.# 278704025
My Xfinity Online web site locks me out of my Premium channels (HBO, SHO, STARZ, MAX, ENC, TCM, etc.) with those littel yellow key icons. Even thoough I'm logged in with good data...and my cache & cookies are cleaned...and I've reset my browser (Google Chrome)...it went off & on then settled upon the lock-out of all my Premium online content. So I can't watch Movies, Series, or any Programming on those sights. It's like it all of a sudden doesn't recognize the "content build" of my idiosyncratic channels line-up...and my bill is paid up in advance.

Customer Expert

I'm a customer like you and have no access to any billing or account info. And I'm also too cheap to pay for any premium channels and don't watch anything online. So .... no I can't help with that. 

However, since you solved your Blackberry problem, I'm going to move this thread to the XfinityTV Online area where someone can probably give you some ideas on solving that problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks very much. Lary

Frequent Visitor

I can see I need to grasp the details regarding the scope and protocols for posting up probs in this customer "Forum". It looks like a very good resource if I know what I'm doing on it a lot better. Thanks. Lary

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation