New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Managing Devices

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Managing Devices

I have a first gen of the Nexus 7. Recently I've been unable to download movies. It states I've exceeded my 3 devices but I've always used this tablet before with no problems. Not sure what happened. So far I've gone into setting on the TV go app, then to manage download devices. I can see my table. it shows "google Nexus 7" but it is not highlighted or even giving the apperance that it is on this device. I've also removed the TV go app and reinstalled but no change. I've removed other devices to allow me to access. Now it shows as "This Device" along with the "google Nexus 7". I need help removing the device showing as "google Nexus 7". 

Accepted Solution

Re: Managing Devices

I just received a PM from 

Which brings me to the problem with the following Comcast support page:  "Manage Authorized Devices for XFINITY Apps".

As of August 15, 2015, no where in the support page does it say to sign in with the Administrative account.  The Admin account is the ONLY account that can remove devices.

View answer in context
Service Expert

RetiredRadioRat wrote:

I have a first gen of the Nexus 7. Recently I've been unable to download movies. It states I've exceeded my 3 devices but I've always used this tablet before with no problems. Not sure what happened. So far I've gone into setting on the TV go app, then to manage download devices. I can see my table. it shows "google Nexus 7" but it is not highlighted or even giving the apperance that it is on this device. I've also removed the TV go app and reinstalled but no change. I've removed other devices to allow me to access. Now it shows as "This Device" along with the "google Nexus 7". I need help removing the device showing as "google Nexus 7". 

You can mange your devices by loggin into your account online and going to here:  https://device.comcast.net/devices

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Already tried it. Didn't work.

Frequent Visitor

Matter of fact i just looked and its showing no devices are register. I know of at one i just register. And when I look at the device it is showing 3 items. One I know for sure and I can add and remove it. Of tne 2 one is my tablet. Not sure of the 3rd.

Service Expert

RetiredRadioRat wrote:

Matter of fact i just looked and its showing no devices are register. I know of at one i just register. And when I look at the device it is showing 3 items. One I know for sure and I can add and remove it. Of tne 2 one is my tablet. Not sure of the 3rd.

At this point, you may want to call into Comcast and make them aware of your issues...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Looks like my nexr step. i was hoping that someone from Comcast might have been on thie forum. Thank you for your help.

Problem Solver

I just received a PM from 

Which brings me to the problem with the following Comcast support page:  "Manage Authorized Devices for XFINITY Apps".

As of August 15, 2015, no where in the support page does it say to sign in with the Administrative account.  The Admin account is the ONLY account that can remove devices.

Frequent Visitor

I would like to again thank HowAboutThisOne. I am a novice at this stuff and appreciate the guidance and information. My problem has been solved!

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation