Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Manage devices on Apple iPad xfinity tv to go app

New Poster

Manage devices on Apple iPad xfinity tv to go app

Because of a problem with another app, I have had to wipe my iPad twice. Now in my tv to go app under manage devices it shows my iPad twice. I can not remove them so I can not add my iPad now that it has been wiped. How do I clear these devices from the list?
New Poster

Re: Manage devices on Apple iPad xfinity tv to go app

I'm having the same problem with a nexus 7 android tablet, only mine is listed 3 times.  Can't unregister it.

New Poster

I have the same problem. I have custom roms on my tablet and phone and I frequently wiped them and reinstall newer versions of Android OS. I went to install Xfinity to Go on my tablet after upgrading to Android 4.4 Kitkat, and I've hit my max of 3 registered devices.

Device Manager tells me to go to the Device Manager on the device to remove it. Which is this same device (or my cell phone) from a previous install.

Why isn't there a registered devices section on this website that will allow unregistering any of our previously registered devices?

Do we call Comcast for this to resolve this or do they know how to resolve this?

New Poster

I have the same problem . My iPad was swapped out for a replacement at The Apple Store. So I cannot deactivate my old ipad. Did anyone ever resolve this?
Regular Visitor

Go to https://device.comcast.net/devices and remove them
Tags (1)
New Poster

I still cannot "manage my devices". I am trying to delete a device that I no longer have, but have no way to do this as I no longer have the device. Why cannot I not "manage" this on the xfinity website. I should be able to add or delete on the website when I sig into my account.

New Poster

How? It does not allow you to add or delete anything.

New Poster

If you are having trouble downloading movies from the TV GO app and it tells you that you have to many devises. The thing that you need to do is go into setting on the app Tap on Manage Download Devices and pick on the one that you need to remove.

Make sure you do this to each device that you have. Make sure that you are in the setting of the APP not the tablet settings.

New Poster

Appreciate the advice, but the question is still not answered. The device(s) that are listed as authorized devices no longet exist. Therefore one cannot disable it's authorization from the app. The link posted earlier doesn't allow one to disable either. How do we disable a divide no longer in service?
New Poster

I'm having the same problem! This is a major oversite on the app developer's part. Please post if you found a solution. 

New Poster

Does comcast follow these forums? Answer/help as necessary?
New Poster

I sent an email to esl_corp@cable.comcast.com to ask this same question. Does anyone know if that's a valid email
For comcast? Also, I left a comment on the app rating. I encourage you all to do the same. Whoever gets an answer first, post the resolution here!
New Poster

The above is correct. Just be certain that you are signed in under the PRIMARY or MAIN email address. Any secondary emails will not allow you to delete devices.
Regular Visitor

My Xfinity TV app worked fine until I updated it, now it keeps saying I am out of home?
New Poster

Since these posts are like 6 months old there has been a resolution from the start if you just read the forum. Go to https://device.comcast.net/devices and you can delete your devices. I had to clean my kindle 3 times and I couldnt add it so I just went to the link and deleted 2 from previous times, and one from a phone I had added. Easy peasy

New Poster

I was not able to remove devises from the link provided until I logged in using our primary access credentials.  If you are using a secondary access login you will not see the buttons to remove devises.  One I had the correct login I was able to remove all devises I no longer needed.