Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Magicians Season 1

New Poster

Magicians Season 1

Notwithstanding Xfinity's streaming app is miserable (in home, out of home. Download, not download) and they should take a look at Amazon Prime Streaming-which is awesome.  Ok done, ranting....sorta.  Why isn't Magicians Season 1 available on Xffinty anywhere?  I missed a few epidsodes and want to catch up before binge watching season 2.  My only option is to buy Season one on Amazon Prime.  Anyone know if xfinity will offer Season 1, out of home, HD, downloadable?

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Magicians Season 1

It looks like there's an option to stream that show on the syfy site with your xfinity subscription if you get that channel with your service. You can double check whether you're paying for syfy on this page: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup/

It looks like a handy reference for which channels you should have access to depending on what package you have. Syfy is a little over halfway down the page, under the "entertainment" header. Most packages look like they have it! That said, though, I have the second-best package they offer, myself, and yet I haven't been able to actually use my xfinity login to stream from any outside sites, even if I am supposed to have those channels (including just now trying that show through syfy's site. Gah!). I haven't wanted to bother with tech support about it, but if you do, please definitely let me know what they say! 

believe, when you do have any of those channels with your service, you're supposed to have access to it and its shows streaming through the channel's independent site, as well as on demand and comcast's live TV, but since I also haven't been able to properly access the tv.xfinity site myself for more than a week, I can't help check if it's there for you right now 🙃 

If you aren't paying for it, then it doesn't come with your current service. If that's the only thing you want from syfy channel or any of the xfinity packages that include it, then it'll be much cheaper to just go ahead and buy the season elsewhere, in a one-time purchase, on DVD or for digital download. That way you also have it permanently and offline! 

Hope this gave you a few directions to look in at least! 

New Poster

Great intel. I have the whole Xfinity triple play with all movie channel packages and no joy! I did take your suggestion and tunnel thru the SyFy site and it works. Not sure why Xfinity does not have season 1 on demand but if only to frustrate customers which they excel at.

XFINITY is not happy until you are not happy".
Frequent Visitor

jetseller wrote:
Great intel. I have the whole Xfinity triple play with all movie channel packages and no joy! I did take your suggestion and tunnel thru the SyFy site and it works. Not sure why Xfinity does not have season 1 on demand but if only to frustrate customers which they excel at.

That is definitely their excellence, and a fitting motto. 😂 Glad you were able to access the show, at least! 

Official Employee

jetseller wrote:

Personally, I'm only happy if you're happy. Please don't paint with too broad a brush!

The networks decide which content they make available to us.  We would never purposefully hold back content we have rights to deliver (the more value we provide the less likely we are to lose customers).  That said, it appear SyFy has decided to license Season 1 to Netflix and not make it available to us. If you have X1 and a Netflix subscription, you can watch it with your Netflix subscription via your X1 set-top box. If not, Netflix directly or, perhaps the SyFy site.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation