discussions

MLB.tv Offers and 4K Capabilities - Xfinity is falling behind the curve

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

Dear Xfinity administrators who actually care,

No mlb.tv Applicability

Your lack of importance regarding customer experience is becoming more apparent as you fall behind other companies such as DirecTV. For example, I recently purchased MLB Extra Innings for my package. While seeing commercials during every game about how you can also access mlb.tv if you have purchased MLB Extra Innings through your tv provider (a tremendous value - there are times I debated purchasing just the mlb.tv rather than extra innings). I decided to sign up for an mlb.tv account so I could maximize my baseball experience this year, however when I went to create an account, I noticed Xfinity is essentially the only tv provider not listed. Why do you insist on being the only provider to not allow that extremely valuable cross-over?

No Sign of 4K Anytime Soon

While in the AT&T store purchasing a new phone, I noticed how clear the picture was on every tv in the store. I asked why they were so clear and it is because DirecTV offers a 4K channel as well as having their other channels have a resolution of 1080/120 rather than your 60 frames per second. I have attempted to research any mention of 4K technology in your near future but only came up with skeptical results and future aspirations. Why is Xfinity so behind the curve when it comes to this and what are your plans to catch up so you don't lose those customers that are waiting for this technological improvement?

To be honest, with the mlb.tv crossover and 4K capabilities, DirecTV is looking better and better.

Best Regards,

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

While you are correct about the current situation here, you need to further investigate your stated choices.

Are you currently tied to a contract here?

Getting set up at Direct TV may actually cost you more for fewer choices. It would involve a 2 year contract similar to here or other choices. Check out the Direct TV forum.

After getting all the financial numbers (after promo. period) is it still worth it you you?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 3

I should have added that if you own a "smart tv", the MLB.tv app is most likely found there now. It is in my Samsung compatible list. The X1 box is just their way of allowing Comcast customers a way to get streaming broadband services. They work without the need of cable or satellite service.

People without "smart tvs" can use other broadband boxes such as Amazon, etc., that are better than the current Comcast offering.