Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Lots Of Problems Viewing Episodes Online!

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

Lots Of Problems Viewing Episodes Online!

The last week or so I've been having lots of problems viewing shows online:

First, while playing shows I'll get several instances during the show where the program repeats in a three second loop i.e. the video and audio repeats the last three three seconds several times before becoming unstuck.

Second, several times I've been watching shows and I'll get less than halfway through and suddenly I get the message "You've just watched: ABCXYZ" with a replay button. This has happened with "The Walking Dead" and "The Good Wife" that I know for sure and at least a couple other shows. Sometimes I'm able to replay and use the scroll bar to try and pickup where I left off but sometimes it does the same several times.

Third, playback will get stuck after the commercials i.e it plays the commercials and then stops and never starts playing the episodes again. If I click the browsers refresh I get a message to Resume or start the episode again; if I click Resume I have to watch the commercials again and sometimes the episode will continue but 2 out of 3 times it gets stuck again and I have to repeat the procedure several times before the episode will continue. In several instances after having to do this three or more times I've given up and waited several days before trying again and then I finally get to watch the rest of the episode.

I've been watching episodes online for more than a year and these problems all started in the last couple weeks. What's going on and when is this going to be fixed?

- Norm

Accepted Solution

Re: Lots Of Problems Viewing Episodes Online!

I originally posted with a lot of other folks a year ago on this topic. The issue I was having was similar in that I could not watch anything other than CSB, NBC, ABC, etc using Chrome without getting this incognito error (Chromes term for private browsing). I was luckily able to watch most videos using IE 8...so I lived with it until I got a new laptop around August/September. With the new laptop, I could watch all videos with Firefox....so I was pretty satisfied although Chrome has the same issue.

So seeing this post from ark2458, and knowing I already had flash player installed, I did a search and found this topic. Doing this fixed my issue with Chrome. Hope this helps someone else as well. Sorry for the long post. Later!

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Sorry, also fourth, I'll be watching an episode and suddenly it'll start to pixilate and become more and more distorted as the show continues; to fix this I have to use the scroll bar to go back to before the problem started and rewatch the last 30 seconds.

- Norm

Official Employee

NormAtHome wrote:

Sorry, also fourth, I'll be watching an episode and suddenly it'll start to pixilate and become more and more distorted as the show continues; to fix this I have to use the scroll bar to go back to before the problem started and rewatch the last 30 seconds.

- Norm

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Here it is:   My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown

My Cable Provider: Unknown

Use Dac: true

My Conroller ID: 111

My Map ID: 41

My Persona ID: 8261

My myDVR Manager Status:

My Set Top Box Names:

My Queue setup: false

Facebook Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect: false

My public IP address: X.Y.Z.A

My operating system: Windows - rv:18.0

My web browser: Firefox 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0

My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (3705 Bytes).

Official Employee

NormAtHome wrote:

Here it is:   My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown

My Cable Provider: Unknown

Use Dac: true

My Conroller ID: 111

My Map ID: 41

My Persona ID: 8261

My myDVR Manager Status:

My Set Top Box Names:

My Queue setup: false

Facebook Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect: false

My public IP address: X.Y.Z.A

My operating system: Windows - rv:18.0

My web browser: Firefox 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0

My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (3705 Bytes).

Try using a different web browser like Google Chrome and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

I did this from within FireFox but I've also been using IE 9 which at the moment is the only other browser installed in the system and I've been having the same problems in IE that I've been having in FireFox.

Regular Contributor

Here is the same information from IE 9:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:Unknown

My Cable Provider:Unknown

Use Dac:true

My Conroller ID:111

My Map ID:41

My Persona ID:8261

My myDVR Manager Status:Unknown

My Set Top Box Names:Unknown

My Queue setup:true

Facebook Queue Syncing:false

Facebook Connect:false

My public IP address:A.B.C.X

My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Zune 4.7)

My system typeesktop computer or other device

My Move player version:Unknown

My Silverlight version:4.1.10329.0

My flash version:11.5 r502

Javascript:enableddisabled

Cookies:Unknown

Regular Contributor

Our personal info is not necassary in this instance. Comcast only asks you to do this to stall because they screwed something up and dont know how to fix it, plus they want to make it seem like the problem is always on our end, even if its not.

The Xfinity streaming service has been pretty much unwatchable for over a month now. I couldn't tell you why (and apparently neither can Comcast), but I can tell you that Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, iTunes, Steam and any other online service I use is fine, but I cant watch a single program on Xfinity. At best, the audio goes out of sync or the stream is so low thats its just colored blocks onscreen...at worst I get error messages or the program wont play at all.

Let me put it plainly: You are running out of time. Every single online streaming service is better than yours. More and more people are watching shows online. If you don't work out your online issues very soon you are going to suffer. Customers will leave and your brand name will become a joke.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting that, I was hoping to hear from other people that were having the same issues. I'm glad that it's not just me.

- Norm

Regular Contributor

Any idea's? Anything?

- Norm

New Poster

I'm having the same issues as you.  What a bummer.  Netflix streams just fine without any playback issues, so I'm pretty certain it's not my computer or my connection.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Can you send me the links of the videos that are giving you these issues? I would like to further test them.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Its ALL OF THEM. I cant watch anything on Xfinity. The audio goes out of sync or the show constantly buffers. If I set the stream to "speed", then it pixelates to the point of being unwatchable. On the rare occasion that the show is watchable, the commercials will bug and loop. Its always something.

I don't watch shows via TV. I do all my viewing online, so this is a major problem.

Regular Contributor

It's been so many episodes lately but both of these episodes had the "You've just watched" less than halfway through:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Good-Wife/7103256165508658112/16389187814/The-Good-Wife---The...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Walking-Dead/7190072851208537112/18547267664/The-Suicide-King...

however the problem seems to resolve itself within a day or two since when I gave up watching The Walking Dead because it wouldn't let me get past the first quarter (the first morning it was available) several days later it was fine. So I doubt if you watch these now you will encouter a problem. The problem may just be a capacity issue i.e. very popular show and too many people watching the first several hours its available. So if you want to experience the issue then pick a top rated show and try and watch it the morning after the broadcast when it first becomes available and you will have these issues.

Comcast really needs to do something to resolve these issues, they've been making the streaming service almost unusable. Also it's not just me as you can see since several other people have posted that they too have the same problem.

- Norm

Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I have had the same issue. Here is my info:

My Zip Code:94043
My Cable Provider:Recommended By Comcast
Use Dac:True
My Conroller ID:173
My Map ID:236My Persona ID:6696
My myDVR Manager Status:Activated
My Set Top Box NamesVR 1
My Queue setup:TrueFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:False
My public IP address:208.85.92.22
My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 25 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.1364.97 Safari/537.22
My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device
My Move player version:Not Installed
My Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0
My flash version:11.6 R602Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled (3392 Bytes).

Here is the latest program I have had the issue on: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Monday-Mornings/6241956316885971112/18434627831/Who-s-Sorry-Now-/...

And what hapens is, when it gets to the first commercial break, the following commercials play: avalon, Santa Fe hyundai, Kmart, home depot (x2)

If I reload and say resume , it plays them again, and again freezes. If I reload and restart most of the time, it'll start those commercials over again and again freeze. Once it did restart but again, when it got to the first commercial break it brought up the above commercials and froze.

Regular Contributor

Trying to suffer through The Walking Dead. Video pauses for 2-3 seconds a few times per minute. Selecting Quality turns it into a slideshow. Selecting Speed makes the picture so bad I cant even read onscreen text.

I take good care of my computer, everything is clean and up to date. Until a couple months ago I was able to watch everything in the highest quality...I still can on every site except Xfinity. I will be talking to customer service about receiving a credit on my bill for every month this happens until it is fixed.

I suggest other customers do the same, just make sure its not your system/internet connection first. As for me, I can stream a 720 or 1080 video right now on Netflix or Amazon with no problems whatsoever, so the fact that this ONLY happens on Xfinity pretty much tells me its on Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

did this ever get resolved?

Regular Contributor

So is Comcast doing anything to try and fix this problem? As you can see many people are posting here that they too are having similar problems so it's not just me, please post back with what steps are being taken to correct this problem.

I'd also like to mention that I'm still having the same problem that I mentioned here:

Error 900

in the case of "The Walking Dead" the error number is 900|3322-10002, the last suggestion you gave me to uninstall and reinstall FireFox did not work. I can however watch it in Internet Explorer (which I've been using as a work around) and I'd like to mention that 99% of shows will play in FireFox (even if they have the problems I've outlined in this thread) and certain series such as "The Walking Dead" and "Game Of Thrones" seem to have this problem.

As a separate issue, I used to get this 900| etc etc error message when trying to watch Spartacus but now when I try and watch it is FireFox 19 it plays the episode trailer and then gets stuck and never progresses to the actual episode. I can however watch it in Internet Explorer.

- Norm

Regular Contributor

I'm still having the same issues, just a little while ago I was watching this weeks episode of "Castle" and within the first couple minutes the video became pixalated and unwatchable while the audio continued to play normally and I had to scroll back three times before the episode would continue without this problem.

I suggest people keep posting here to keep this thread alive until Comcast does something to correct these problems.

- Norm

New Poster

The service has become unusable. Not only are there more commercials than ever, the commercials are constantly getting stuck and never restarting. I just watched How I Met Your Mother, and the same IE9 commercial played seven times in a row before I gave up ahd watched it on CBS.com. Then when I went to watch Cougar Town, a Home Depot ad would freeze and never start again. 

This is all besides the abominable new video player that had so many spammy auto play ads on top of it that you had to race around and X out of them in order to watch anything.

I'm not sure who Comcast has hired to redesign the new video player, but it is ungodly terrible. And for the absurd amount that this cable company charges per month, they should be able to afford better. Perhaps they should stop worrying about monitoring people's internet activity for illegal downloading and make sure the streaming service we all pay for actually functions? 

Not that anyone will ever reply to this...ComcastJoe and his friends are steering clear of actual customer service, per usual 

Official Employee

NormAtHome wrote:

So is Comcast doing anything to try and fix this problem? As you can see many people are posting here that they too are having similar problems so it's not just me, please post back with what steps are being taken to correct this problem.

I'd also like to mention that I'm still having the same problem that I mentioned here:

Error 900

in the case of "The Walking Dead" the error number is 900|3322-10002, the last suggestion you gave me to uninstall and reinstall FireFox did not work. I can however watch it in Internet Explorer (which I've been using as a work around) and I'd like to mention that 99% of shows will play in FireFox (even if they have the problems I've outlined in this thread) and certain series such as "The Walking Dead" and "Game Of Thrones" seem to have this problem.

As a separate issue, I used to get this 900| etc etc error message when trying to watch Spartacus but now when I try and watch it is FireFox 19 it plays the episode trailer and then gets stuck and never progresses to the actual episode. I can however watch it in Internet Explorer.

- Norm

I am looking into Firefox trying to find the issue. I cannot duplicate it on any browser including Firefox.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

This morning I tried to watch this weeks episode of Southland in FireFox, in previous weeks I watched both Season 5, episodes 1 and 2 without problem. Then today I was unable to watch it getting this error:

"Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video. (Error 900|3307)"

I was in turn able to watch in IE. What exactly is this error message, where is there a page describing what these errors mean.

- Norm

Regular Contributor

Also after I watched Southland, I moved onto "Monday Mornings" the "Forkes Over Knives" episode and twice I got stuck on the HomeDepo commercial just the same as someone else has mentioned.

- Norm

New Poster

same issues for me, different series... it freezes at the home depot commercial

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98338 My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 186 My Map ID: 397 My Persona ID: 8044 My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Living room, Nisha, Master bedroom My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 173.10.124.190 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDR; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; BRI/1; InfoPath.2; McAfee) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Unknown Time Information My Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown

My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, cr, c, br, cx, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bz, bm, co, bl, bk, bp, cw, cj, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
New Poster

Glad it isn't just me. I just tried upgrading flash, no luck.  I use IE and Firefox. Firefox I can get to play the audio but no video

IE just plays the add and then never progresses to the actual episode

New Poster

Started streaming on my lap top with IE8........ same problems with Walking Dead. Aptly titled show since it stops dead, sometimes doesn't open, or attacks by not loading at all.

really bugged with the commercials, no counter so i have no idea how long they will go on and inability to lower the sound.......i have to pug in head phones to mute it otherwise i AM LISTENING TO SOME BIRTH CONTROL PRODUCT.

All in all I am watching more reg T.V. and thinking about buying Hulu except I already overpay for infinity.

Regular Contributor

Joe:

This morning while watching this weeks episode of "The Good Wife" there were at least three instances of 3 second loops of the show repeating twice before continuing on. Also this was in Internet Explorer and not FireFox.

Have enough people posted here to convice you that it's not a problem with anyone's computer but a serious system problem at Comcast? What is Comcast doing to correct the slew of problems that people are reporting with the streaming service? All of this started within the last three weeks or so with the exception of that 900 error in FireFox trying to play certain shows, what changes were made to the system around that time because that has to be the source of the problem since everything worked pretty well for me before that?

- Norm

Regular Contributor

I'm now attempting to watch this week's episode of The Walking Dead ("Clear") and it started fine and played to the first commercial break and then instead of playing the commercials the area within the browser where the episode plays is white and in the middle of it is a gray circle with an exclamation.

If I hit reload I get the "Restart" or "Resume" screen, if I hit resume the last couple minutes plays before the commercial break and then the exact same thing happens i.e. white screen with the gray exclamation. I've hit resume now three times and I can't get past this.

- Norm

Frequent Visitor

I'm having major issues watching the Walking Dead.  I know it's not my computer because I've tried to watch different episodes and the same problem occurs across three different computers.

The screen gets authorization, gives me the Mature Content Warning, and plays the small AMC promo.  That smaller screen that plays the promo then turns black and does nothing.  Sometimes there is a play triangle to click, but it does nothing.

Frequent Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 17112 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 192 My Map ID: 10 My Persona ID: 5985 My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 198.23.5.73 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MS-RTC LM 8) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Unknown My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Unknown Time Information My Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown

My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, cr, c, br, cx, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bz, bm, co, bl, bk, bp, cw, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
Frequent Visitor

I'm finding it's not just The Walking Dead, either.  I've tried a bunch of different shows, but none will play.

Contributor

same thing here....choppy videos that stall then start repeatedly. it's been relatively fine until yesterday...now the video keeps freezing. not happening at amazon on either pc...but  problems start at comcast with bad video on all devices.

Frequent Visitor

I have been seeing this problem for the last few weeks. It fails running either Chrome or Firefox. If I paste the show/video (that gets the error, not all do) into Internet Explored (IE) 8, it always works...never fails. I prefer using Chrome and rarely use IE, so I would like to see this fixed, even though I have a work around. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

I wish it would work in IE for me.  That's the only browser I have.  And to hear that it's not working on other browsers kills my plan to download one other than IE.

Frequent Visitor

It fails for me on all browser except IE 8...so not sure if it is browser level related or not. I am not sure if it would work on IE 9 or pre V8....seems like a browser related issue, but just guessing. 

Regular Contributor

I dont like the idea of paying for a service only to be told I can only use it with a certain browser.

Again, just like asking for your personal info, Comcast is trying to pass the buck instead of taking responsibility for the problem. Do you think Netflix would be as successful as it is if it only worked in certain browsers? It is on Comcast to assure that their product works on ALL popular browsers, just like every other company that offers streaming services.

And saying it only works in Internet Explorer is the same as saying it doesn't work at all.

Regular Contributor

Below is a message I got from Servantleader2, a fellow Comcast customer. Apparently this person's service is so bad they can't even post on the forums, so he or she sent this to me as a last resort.

Hello, Creechuur,

Since Comcast is taking forever to allow me to reply to the community, I thought I'd try to pass along my input to an individual.....

I've watched Infinity TV online exclusively for at least 12 months.  I've experienced the same issues as the comments above yours.  Over the past 4-5 days, I've been unable to view any TV shows.  I can see the list of shows, click on a specific show, get the list of episodes available, and then regardless of which show I click on, the Xfinity box pops up, where the pause and play button would generally appear along the bottom, with the option to use full screen, but nothing happens.

Tech support had me delete Microsoft Silverlight off my computer and reinstall it. That didn't work.  Then since I was using IE9, they told me to try another browser.  I installed Google Chrome and that didn't work.  They bumped me up the IT ladder and said someone would contact me regarding a solution within 24-48 hours.

They did call within 24 hrs.  The IT Specialist told me, since they've upgraded to digital, I would have to upgrade my package in order to watch TV online.  There was no mention of that when I was uninstalling and downloading and switching to a unfamiliar browser.  There was no mention I would have to upgrade from the basic package either since I combine it with internet.  My monthly bill list Infinity TV, but says nothing one way or the other regarding online viewing.

Two weeks ago, my email would receive emails & when I sent emails it would put in the sent box as sent but no one would receive them.  Comcast IT Support  immediately said it was a Microsoft Outlook problem.  After 45 min with MS, they said it had to be Comcast.  Since the same issue was happening on my phone (except phone would say unable to send) and my phone doesn't have MS Outlook, it didn't take rocket science to figgure out it was Comcast.  Now, two weeks later, suddenly my Comcast account sends again without any effort on my part or MS Outlook...

Comcast IT's innability to troubleshoot problems and immediately blame whoever they can is growing old fast!  Please feel free to share with the community, if Comcast will every allow you to connect. Good Luck & thanks for your input.

Frequent Visitor

Just to be clear, I was not implying that it should not get fixed. I was just trying to help with a work around that works for me. As much money as we have to pay for this, Comcast should spend a little more time debugging these issues. They should employ more technical folks to try and recreate these problems..Just like any software/hardware business has to do.

Contributor

i have tried to watch VARIOUS shows...all  of them stop and start every few minutes. i also did the uninstalls and reinstalls, didn't help at all. what are the odds we get a reimbursement of some sort,after all, isn't this a service comcast sells us as part of the package?

Regular Contributor

You can absolutely get a reimbursement. If you figure that services such as Netflix cost about $8 per month, its fair to assume that we should get $8 a month off of our bills for every month that the streaming service doesn't work. The one problem is that, at least in my experience, you can't get the credit to your account until the problem is fixed...

As far as I can tell the problem started right around the beginning of the year, so I suggest we all monitor the problem until it is fixed, then ask for a monthly credit for every month back to January 2013.

If anyone knows how much other streaming services cost per month you should post it in this thread. If I know Comcast they will try to go cheap and refund us 3 or 4 dollars per month. Lets make sure its fair compensation.

Frequent Visitor

As I stated in a previous post, I can watch them when they fail on Chrome or Firefox using IE, but have similar results as you on many occasions. The videos stop frequently. Some times I just kill the browser as it is not worth watching like that.

Regular Contributor

I haven't had any commercials get stuck in the last couple days but I'm still having some episodes do the 3 second loop problem.

It would be nice to have some kind of confirmation that Comcast is working on this or has made changes to try and fix the problems that everyone here has been complaining about.

- Norm

New Poster

I've been having every single one of these problems listed for the last few months.  It doesn't get better and recently the pixelation or a screen full of lines (while the audio keeps going) has started happening. I'm pretty sure I've emailed Comcast about the issue.  It's any show or movie, any time of day and I'm using Google Chrome.  I've cleared settings, updated everything and restarted my browser many times and the same issues happen over and over again.  Please fix this.  I can barely get through a show because it pauses every few minutes.  Comcast costs too much for this.

New Poster

NormAtHome wrote:
The problem may just be a capacity issue i.e. very popular show and too many people watching the first several hours its available.

- Norm

I would like to say that is BS. Some of the H2 shows I watch are doing everything you stated in your first post. I have no problem with any other online service , just comcast.

You are not alone I have been having issues since the first of Feb.

Regular Contributor

Joe:

This morning while watching this weeks episode of "The Good Wife" I got about half way through with the episode when after the commercials I got the message "You've just watched XXXXX" and a "Replay" button. I had to replay and try and scroll to where I left off, I did manage to get past the commercial where it ended and continue to watch but this kind of thing is really annoying. After that it did get stuck in a three second loop at least once.

Also you haven't responded to anything posted here since 2/27, how about saying something? What is Comcast doing to fix these problems?

- Norm

Regular Contributor

When I said "capacity issue" I meant the servers serving the shows to the end users i.e. too many people watching the same show at the same time or in general too many people streaming shows and the Comcast servers just not being up to the job.

- Norm

Regular Contributor

It could be they don't have enough servers to meet customer demand. I'm pretty sure they also have a buffering problem. Either way, they need to fix it.

It was forgivable for Netflix to have problems like this in their early days. It was new tech and they were at the forefront...they were fixing things for the first time and I'm sure it took some trial and error. There is NO EXCUSE for a paid streaming service to perform as badly as Xfinity in this day and age.

It took me over two hours to watch a 90 minute movie last night due to the horrible buffering. The fact that no one from Comcast has responded all month signifies to me that they have no idea how to fix it and are avoiding this thread like the plague.

Regular Contributor

Yes, without a doubt it needs to be fixed and there is no excuse given the length of time this has been dragging on.

Up until last night I never had the buffering problem but last night with a lack of anything else to watch I tried the first episode of "Ripper Street" and the first ten minutes played fine and then it would pause for a minute and then play three, after doing this for 30 minutes I just gave up.

It's hard to believe that given the number of people posting here that Comcast has no official response. I've been working all hours of the day and night lately and I just haven't had the time or patience to try and call Comcast rather than asking questions here. Has anyone called Comcast about these problems and do the live people have any better answers than this "No Show" Comcast Joe guy?

- Norm

Contributor

Same problem here.  Been like this for months.  Find I barely come here anymore as netflix, hulu, hbogo, amazonprime and itunes are much better solutions and the quality and streaming are far better with no problems.

Contributor

Actually people want to make this better? I suggest you post on the facebook wall of the tv show creators.  Let the network and or creator know how bad their creation is being played.