Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Longer Recording

Contributor

Longer Recording

To record tv shows longer, if you have computer, go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites , put in zip code if need be, you may need to go full screen to do this, hit F-11 on your computer keyboard or click on full screen under tools on toolbar. Select show you wish to record, click record, then more options and choose how early to start and how late to end recordings, up to 1 and 1/2 hours I believe. Find a blank space  on above web page, right click and select create shortcut, this will place shortcut to webpage on your desktop (Monitor). Also click on saved alittle below top of webpage, all kinds of things you can do. Right click here also, create shortcut here to, it's really quick how fast things change on your tv after changing something on your computer.

Service Expert

Re: Longer Recording

lobo11 wrote:

To record tv shows longer, if you have computer, go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites , put in zip code if need be, you may need to go full screen to do this, hit F-11 on your computer keyboard or click on full screen under tools on toolbar. Select show you wish to record, click record, then more options and choose how early to start and how late to end recordings, up to 1 and 1/2 hours I believe. Find a blank space  on above web page, right click and select create shortcut, this will place shortcut to webpage on your desktop (Monitor). Also click on saved alittle below top of webpage, all kinds of things you can do. Right click here also, create shortcut here to, it's really quick how fast things change on your tv after changing something on your computer.

the x1 is cloud based 'scheduling' etc now. not stored on the x1 equipment.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Not for people who it is not avalible in your area yet

Service Expert

lobo11 wrote:

Not for people who it is not avalible in your area yet

back at end of october or first of november, comcast moved all users of X1 to anyroom DVR moving all Scheduling/priorities off to the cloud so there is no individual copy of priority lists, % full, etc. The decision on where (mulitple DVR homes) to record a program now is done by comcast. The Cloud DVR is a separate feature that allow you to use 'any device' to watch recordings that have completed on any device.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation