Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Locked channels work around

Frequent Visitor

Locked channels work around

Like many others here, I am getting the locked channels probem when trying to watch programs on my computer on the xfinity site.  Clearly, something far reaching is going on at Comcast!

FYI--you can watch the same content for most networks by going directly to that network's webpage.  For example, if you pay for HBO via Comcast and you want to watch something on your computer that's On Demand, go to the HBO website and use your Comcast info to log in.

This works for other networks like FX, too.

Hope this helps someone get the content they are paying for while Comcast fixes their own website! 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Locked channels work around

Hello all. Today is Sunday Nov 9, 2014 @ 8 am Eastern time. I was having this same problem. I have all the channels, but I couldn't watch anything online. Even common channels like CNN and ABC. My laptop kept saying I needed a subscription.

I called the 877 599 1845 line - the application service dept that I saw in another thread. Spoke to Xeanne (pronounced "Shawn") and she had me delete cookies and browsing history, and reboot my browser. She sent an application refresh signal, and now the channels are up, some aren't but she said over the next couple hours they should all be up.

Thanks to everyone who posted here - for this tip. It worked for me!

New Poster

Glad that worked for you Laughing14,

Frequent Visitor

Yes menotume - I understand there's also something going on with the X1 system upgrade? Anyway hopefully this can help those who were having my problem. As for others - I'm afraid I can't assist. Smiley Sad

Problem Solver

What exactly is an "application refresh signal",

... what application would that "refresh"  ?

Anyway, i've checked every day  since people have been posting about this, & have no locked "Tv Shows" or locked "Movies" other than choices that require subscribing to a higher Cable Tv service tier , or having Streampix.    

So could this "channels locked"  issue be related to or limited specific browsers or browser versions?   or otherwise to certain Comcast market areas, (wich would each connect to different  area localized CDN's) ?     I'm not clearing cache or cookies between days checking and normal choices are playable in my Pacific northwest area, fwiw.  . . .  and browser is Opera ver-12.17  64bit

New Poster

I have tried Internet Exploder, Chrome, Comodo and Firefox.  

The listing of available movies and channels is the same whether I log in or browse as a visitor (not showing my subscriptions - Premier Double Play).  I am in the Philadelphia area.  The problem started on Thursday.

New Poster

I just logged out and back in, and viola, it now works for me.

I have been logging in/out frequently, but his time it worked - perhaps they actually fixed something?

Frequent Visitor

the application it's refreshing is the web tv viewing application, I'm assuming. Web site = web app = new internet lingo.

the refresh signal? i have no idea what that is. All i can say is that calling the 877 and talking to the application dept solved my problem in 10 minutes no waiting on hold.

have a good day all