Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Live TV Channels keep freezing up on my computer

New Poster

Live TV Channels keep freezing up on my computer

What can you/I/we do to fix the following problem?...

While trying to watch Live TV on my computer, (multiple channels and at different times and days) the program will freeze up, as if it's loading, and stay frozen for a minute to 10 minutes, or more. I can refresh the page and the video will work for a moment, but then it frezezes up again. It only happens while I'm using Comcast Xfinity. All other video services that I use work just fine. 
There are no messages or error notices that appear. The picture just freezes.

Official Employee

Re: Live TV Channels keep freezing up on my computer

Hi michaelhare1, have you tried switching browsers to stream content? Are you connected to the internet via an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi? Do you have the same problem watching recorded content or on demand?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I had this problem yesterday morning.  After updating Flash Player to the latest version (watch out for unwanted extra installs!), I haven't experienced the problem again.  It was an intermittent problem however, so I'm not 100% sure.

I should mention that my full-screen function (F11 key in IE) stopped working after the update.  I've informed Comcast of this issue via Feedback.

New Poster

I too have this problem..  It is with ALL browsers in Windows 10.  After a few minutes, the feed just freezes.  It lasts about 15 seconds and then plays for a few minutes before repeating the process all over again.   I've updated Flash to no avail, and even reformatted my hard drive, so this is a new WIndows install and it's still doing it.

~Alan

Official Employee

Hi dougf44 and skymarshall1, it sounds like you two are having similar issues. Can you tell me how you're connecting to the internet while trying to stream? Are you using Wi-Fi or are you connected via Ethernet cable? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

ComcastAmir - I have windows 10, wifi, updated Adobe flash player and the latest version of firefox.  I have no issues on my W7 computers and they also have the same version of firefox and adobe flash.  But, on my W10 laptop, I get the very same constant freezing every 15 seconds on all channels.  Every time I login, I get a window stating that Adobe flash player is having trouble.  It prompst me to turn flash, which it already is... and it tells me to install the latest version, which I have three times now... 

I click on a box that asks if I want to allow flash, then xfinity loads - going through all the annoying processes of naming the computer (every time), accepting the terms of activation (every time) and then after xfinity finally loads.

Please help me out.  This is a very annoying situation for the amount of money I pay monthly to Xfinity.

New Poster

This is my first post and I see Replies but no answers.

What happened??!!!  Why is the live stream freezing up?  Can someone fix this ... or advise what I need to do to resolve???  Can't watch my favorite channel while I work.  

Official Employee

A06, with what you shared it sounds like your computer or windows 10 is having a difficult time operating with your flash player. If the content was to freeze on your other equipment as well as your Windows 10 equipment then I could say yes there is a problem with the feed or our network but this issue is isolated to just the one device and there are no errors with Xfinity once the Flash issue is cleared up. I recommend that you look into getting your windows computer checked out or reach out to Adobe to see why you have to constantly re-download their software for the service to work.

Laprina wrote: This is my first post and I see Replies but no answers. What happened??!!!  Why is the live stream freezing up?  Can someone fix this ... or advise what I need to do to resolve???  Can't watch my favorite channel while I work.  

Freezing is primarily caused by a poor data connection, when you watch content online are you connected via an Ethernet cable? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Im having the same freezing problem.on my windows 7 computer 4 gig memory 3.1
Quadcore intell processor 2 terrabyte this computer has a fresh install of windows and every other streaming service i try works flawlessly when i try to whatch live tv on Infinity it freezes for 20-30 seconds about every 10-15 min I really wanted to whatch.the grammys but.could not on the big monitor connectef to my computer i ended up whatching on my 5"phone screen.where it works fine...any ideas on what to do for 3 months i have nothing but problems with the infinity streaming service i have no problem with.hula fubo or any othet service i try...xfinity im garenteed to have problems within 15 min and no one seems to have a soulution or even care...i got to find a soulution or get rid of your service its just so much trouble trying to whatch any of your live programing and.only.with.your service can anyone help before i quit.
New Poster

Well, Comcast, if you had not added VOIP to your Wi-Fi offerings, your existing loyal customers would have better bandwidth. I've noticed a MARKED degradation of my Wi-Fi speed since Comcast added cell phone service. I wish Comcast would concentrate on improving their products - customer service is not effective if the products are not top-notch, and the responses given are not helpful. I think I fixed my issues with hard-wiring the laptop on which I watch TV to the extended modem I had to install in my office. When I moved to my current place from 2 miles away, I spent a year and a half of contacting Comcast every week or more often (a minimum of one hour on the phone every single time) to update the infrastructure in my neighborhood - I had to convince them multiple times that it was not my equipment. Then Comcast added cell phone service and I'm back to terrible bandwidth. I checked CenturyLink's 'no increase' program and the conditions are outrageous, so it seems I'm out of luck no matter what or who I use for Internet Access / Live TV.

New Poster

It's March now.  The Xfinity TV stream still freezes when using ANY browser.

Comcast / Xfinity, when will you fix this issue?  Why are you still using Adobe Flash??????  It's pure garbage.  Microsoft, Google, Firefox, Opera and any other browser has gottne rid of that bug ridden software.

Comcastr, why are you not using HTML???????

We are PAYING customers!!!!  How about you update the streaming standard to HTML oor provide a decent streaming app as NBC Sports has that doesn't freeze every 15 seconds.  It's obvious that Adobe Flash has some type of bufering bug, why still use it????

How about an answer and a permanent fix!

New Poster

One edit to the above post:
Whetever I mention HTML, I meant HTML 5. Same sentiment. Fix it and stop ignoring your paying customers.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation