Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Linux support on Xfinity streaming.

New Poster

Linux support on Xfinity streaming.

Xfinity streaming should support  linux os  because lot of xfinity users are using linux OS as their primary OS.  Also Amazon, Netflix started supporting linux OS. I urge other xfinity customers to call and demand for the support. I called xfinity today and requested linux support.

New Poster

Re: Linux support on Xfinity streaming.

There is no reason why they cannot support Linux. If you change your browser tag you almost get there except that the flash revision id does not match theirs.

It is absolutely nonsense that they still using Flash, Flash will be banned from the internet from end 2020 by all major browsers , Chrome, Edge, Firefox because it is insecure.

Comcast should not put users in jeopardy by demanding that they install insecure software the computers. People's live is stored on those devices nowadays (ssn, credit card numbers).

Comcast should behave like a responsible citizen and ban Flash streaming asap.

New Poster

Re: Linux support on Xfinity streaming.

(i'd upvote you and the topic initiator, if i could figure out which bit of javascript runs the Kudos. i do not play javascript roulette with any website at any time)

Chrome has DRM "baked-in". Netflix supports Chrome (not any particular OS).

Xfinity should do the same. I have Chrome and I am a Xfinity customer. the Stream Portal should "just work" for me.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation