Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Link Pandora app in X1 platform

New Poster

Link Pandora app in X1 platform

I recently discovered Pandora app in the internet section of the x1 platform and I've been trying to link this with my current Pandora account and I'm having problems. Any suggestions would be helpful

Problem Solver

Re: Link Pandora app in X1 platform

What have you tried?  And if you are getting error messages, what are they?

I can confirm that the X1 Pandora app works okay for me, although I rarely use it because I have a different Pandora app on my "smart TV" (which I've been using since before I got X1).

New Poster

yeah but the x1 xfinity app streams pandora @ 48khz in dobly digitalr any other 48 khz sound u have on ur surround sound which sounds alot better then standard 44.1 khz

New Poster

I can not seem to link Pandora to the app on X1.  I get an error message when I try to launch the app saying to sign in to Comcast and them connect your Pandora account.  I can't find where on the Comcast site to link the Pandora username and password.

Official Employee

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsites/x1platform

Choose customize your experience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I went to the link you suggested, chose "customize my experience" and got an error message saying "Something went wrong".  Hints? Suggestions?

New Poster

Rather than searching for this on a forum (and thank you, Andrew, for posting the answer!) the "error" message on the X1 interface when trying to connect to the apps should show that 'microsites' link, not just "go to xfinity.com/x1 and login", which gets you nowhere even remotely helpful in this process!!

New Poster

In fact, here is the direct link:  https://welcome.comcast.net/x1/prefs though I then got this error message across the top:  Applications are currently unavailable. Please try again.

New Poster

I go to the suggested sites, click "customize my experience" and it says "device setting unavailable." It doesn't work. Even online live chat couldn't help.

New Poster

Just curious did you ever get this solved as I am having the same problem mysef trying to open the "TV App Settings" tab on that same website after going to Customize Your Experience.

jdhenderson57@gmail.com

New Poster

ComcastAndrew wrote:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsites/x1platform

Choose customize your experience

Perhaps you could take another look at some of the more recent posts on this thread, Andrew, and alert the appropriate folks that the method to do this isn't working as you suggested. Thanks!

New Poster

Hello there!

Yes, I did end up getting this resolved through a series of phone calls with Comcast. This is what you have to do:

1) Clear your browser history, cache and cookies. Close your browser and re-open your browser.

2) Go to the comcast.com Xfinity webpage where you can click the "customize my experience" and if you still get the error when you try to click on the Apps WAIT and let it load for a while...I mean a while...give it some time and *eventually* all of the Apps choices will pop up and you will be able to actually "customize" your experience. Smiley Happy I hope that helps!