Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Licensing issue when display my DVR recordings from mt Ipad to a larger screen.

Regular Visitor

Licensing issue when display my DVR recordings from mt Ipad to a larger screen.

I am trying to display my DVR recordings (remotely) from my Ipad to a larger screen. I get licensing errors that will not allow the program to run. I have the Ipad connected via a cable directly to the device.

I have been told that a fix might be to mirror or reflect the recordings thru an app.

Any ideas on how this can be done?

Valued Contributor

Re: Licensing issue when display my DVR recordings from mt Ipad to a larger screen.

gerry2018-

Are you able to watch your DVR recordings on your Ipad? What method are you using to watch the recordings, Xfinity website or App? When connected directly to the larger screen, are you able to watch videos? 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Licensing issue when display my DVR recordings from mt Ipad to a larger screen.

I am using the Xfinity T.V. app. that allows viewing of my recorded programs (from my DVR) on my Ipad.

That works fine. When I go to view them on a large screen I get a License issue error (as stated in

the original message) and I am unable to view the program from my Ipad. It requests that you disconnect

any external devices.

Is this a Comcast issue that is being looked into?

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation