New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Latest Homeland episode not available on Xfinity iPad app

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Latest Homeland episode not available on Xfinity iPad app

The Xfinity web site for "Watch Now" shows that the latest Homeland episode (Season 2, Episode 3) is available for viewing, but, since I'm on an iPad, I can't watch there, I need to use the app.

But,  when I look in the app,  that episode doesn't show up in the listings. I'm sure it'll show up eventually, but would it be too hard to keep these synchronized? You call it TV Anywhere and Watch Now, so I'd really like to.

Accepted Solution

Re: Latest Homeland episode not available on Xfinity iPad app

It's there and at the top of the list now.

I don't think,  when I was looking it was there at all. I saw a total of 17 videos, and now 18 are listed, so it seems that one was added.

View answer in context
New Poster

Same problem... I look forward to watching Homland the day after it airs on my iPad.  It makes me so crazy when I'm away from my television and I'm expect the xfinity app to be up to date and work and it doesn't.  

Silver Problem Solver

The licensing agreements between comcast and the networks are different for your tv on demand and the mobile or Ipad app.  It might take longer for it to air.  For example fox on demand does not show up until 5 days or longer for an episode.  It is all in the agreement between the network and the provider in this case comcast.

Frequent Visitor

This is a difference between a web page on my iPad and an app displaying on my iPad. 

I understand how bizarre licensing can be, but, as a customer, frankly, I don't care. Comcast should either be transparent about licensing so we don't have to speculate and can have our expectations set appropriately, or fix it if it's EpisodeEpisode 

Official Employee

Hi all,

It is out of order and our team is working on fixing that nowThe video is available at the bottom of the app and is titled Buck the System. 

I will update this thread when I know more.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

It's there and at the top of the list now.

I don't think,  when I was looking it was there at all. I saw a total of 17 videos, and now 18 are listed, so it seems that one was added.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation