Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Laptop "video on demand: stuck on "loading"

New Poster

Laptop "video on demand: stuck on "loading"

The playback on my laptop suddenly stopped working and screen was stuck on "video loading" when I selected a show to watch.  I did call the xifinity "experts" and of course it was a big waste of time.  I had rebooted computer many times and no help after receiving a "booster signal" from technician.

I did find a solution.  First check out youtube on how to clear cache http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBsrNS2DSlc

Then go to "System Preferences" and open "Flash Player", go to "Advanced" and check "Allow Adobe to install updates".  After necessary download is completed, reboot and restart xfinity.  That worked for me and hope it helps others. 

Cable Expert

Re: Laptop "video on demand: stuck on "loading"

Resetting the Flash settings has been posted multiple times in the forum.  This is certainly not a Comcast issue, but issue with Adobe Flash.  You wouldn't expect a Comcast agent to be your computer tech, that is far beyond the scope of fixing your internet or TV service.

There is no booster signal that the CSR could possibly send that would fix your Flash Player issue to your computer.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation