Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

LIve Sports with Cable down?

Regular Contributor

LIve Sports with Cable down?

Say my cable is down and I have no TV or internet.  Would I still be able to watch live TV (MLB Playoffs on TBS) on my IPAD with a cellular connection on the Xfinity to go app?  I am having a complete remodel of my family room where the lead cable comes into the house and I am fearful  the cable will be cut or damaged and I won't be able to watch the Cubs game on Tuesday.

Problem Solver

Re: LIve Sports with Cable down?

No, since you would be on a cellular connection, your connection status would be considered "Out of Home", therefore no live streaming would be available.

Just try connecting using your cellular connection in your house right now and try watching live TV.  It just won't work.  Sorry, and I hope your cable isn't damaged.

EDIT: Now I'm uncertain. I thought you were talking about the Xfinity TV app, not the Xfinity TV GO App.  Best thing is to just try it out like I said above before your cable goes out.

Regular Contributor

I walked 3 blocks away from my house and I  watched (cellular) the game on fox sports 1 on my phone. Oddly, certain channels won't work on WiFI in my house.  Any channel connected to NBC , TNT and TBS results in an error message:Network unavailable 3305, implying I don't have a connection.  But all the other channels work.  If I then shut off the wifi and go cellular, they all connect.   What's that about? 

Problem Solver

Not really sure, but I would chalk that up to the mysteries of Comcast apps.

Remember though, streaming live TV through cellular connection eats up a lot of data.  Hurts if you don't have an unlimited plan.

Regular Contributor

Grandfathered unlimited AT&T

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation