Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

KINDLE FIRE HD

Regular Visitor

KINDLE FIRE HD

I have my kindle fire hd and as much as I love the netflix and amazon instant video I pay every month for my xfinity cable and would like to be able to enjoy the mobile benefits that I feel I am also payming for, but since the only place you make the download available is at Google play I am not able to to access all of my benefits.  I do not understand why I can not download the file from my xfinity account.  

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: KINDLE FIRE HD

Chery1ann wrote:

I have my kindle fire hd and as much as I love the netflix and amazon instant video I pay every month for my xfinity cable and would like to be able to enjoy the mobile benefits that I feel I am also payming for, but since the only place you make the download available is at Google play I am not able to to access all of my benefits.  I do not understand why I can not download the file from my xfinity account.  

Every day we’re working to make Xfinity TV programming available to our customers in more ways including the Xbox, connected TVs, on tablets, and on all other devices.  We will continue to work with our partners to deliver even more choices to our customers in more places.

Thanks for your feedback,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

you do not pay for the mobile apps as part of your package.

The kindle fire is meant to use only those apps that are in the amazon store, that is why its not a true tablet, but a souped up ereader.  amazon does a great job of marketing this, but does not tell the whole story about its limitations

Regular Visitor

Information for you for the next person.  1mobile has the downloads so does goodereader. Not only can you get the xfinity apps but you can get some other apps like google maps.  So their is a solution you just have to look for it.  

Silver Problem Solver

you have to root or jailbreak whatever you want to call it, to get those apps to work, doing so does not let you get support from amazon.  You are only AUTHORIZEd to use apps that are in the amazon store.  You can whatever you want to your tablet all I said was there was no official app, there are always ways around anything, as everyone know with jailbreaking your apple products.  

the hack is only a few month old and has a disclaimer that if you brick your system they are not responsbile and if you do and can't recover it like the name says you have an expensive brick.

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-root-amazon-kindle-fire-hd-7-8.9-on-android-4.0.4-ics/

Regular Visitor

I did not root my kindle I went to the goodereader web site and the 1 mobile site and downloaded and install directly on the kindle, which Amazon allows third party apps. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation