Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

It's happening again - default to 19103 default guide.

Frequent Visitor

It's happening again - default to 19103 default guide.

The online guide page is defaulting to the 19103 default guide, and favorites appear to be lost. Happened within the last couple hours. This is a repeat problem, fixed for a few days. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: It's happening again - default to 19103 default guide.

The channle listing service sucks.  obviously they are resetting / rebooting and not bothering to back up customer settings.   

Comcast / Xfinity customer service sucks.  I would switch if there was any other option for internet access in may area but they have a monopoly.

Frequent Visitor

I hear you and agree the listings are almost useless, but at least they are accurate. This problem occurred last week for a couple days and was apparently part of a system outage that finally got fixed. Well, it's broken again. Once fixed, favorites will be back. Don't reprogram. Just hope they get on it quickly.

Frequent Visitor

This is iritating, but all you need to do is update your ZIP code. This resets to your channel lineup, but the next time you get on, it will be 19103 again. I'm glad this is support topic since it saves me from pursuing it any further.

Frequent Visitor

This has happened several times in the last few months. Even when i put in the right zip code I still have to go to channels manually. When I click on them it just goes to the top of the page. It seems whenever they make a change to the channel listings it happens. hope they get it straightened out.

Frequent Visitor

This problem appeared again today, several times. I can clean it up either by freshly signing in OR reentering local zip and refreshing page, OR rebooting computer to dump cache, or a combo of any of these. You will not be stuck forever, and favorites will return. Minor irritation.

Silver Problem Solver

Happening here too, tried everything, favorites don't come back.

Frequent Visitor

More than a minor irritation, select a show to record and it dumps you to the DVR mamager that ask you to see if available. Can't log in there either.

New Poster

Having the same problem here. And I haven't been able to click on channels in my browser to change the channel on my tv for months.

Contributor

Has happened several times in the past month.  Another feature we pay for, but can't use.

Silver Problem Solver

It's too bad it stopped working. It was actually one of the better and easier to use listing grids.

It's also too bad that there is no way to contact Comcast and let them know its not working.

Official Employee

Hi all,

Our team is currently investigating this issue.

Once we know more, we will update this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
ComcastJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe for responding. This problem is intermittent. One minute it works and the next minute it doesn't. I have tried logging out and logging in but that does no good. When it's not working I can no longer access my saved programs. I hope you  can correct this problem because it's very convenient to scan my channels and click on them when I want to go to that channel. I also like the watchlist and the saved programs. Let's get this working properly Joe. I'm a triple play customer and paying a pretty good chunk of change every month with you folks.

Silver Problem Solver

Working here now.

Frequent Visitor

Still happening to me in zip code 97210.  I found the cookie that controls this a few days ago and set it to not expire until 2017!  Worked great, but today Comcast in their infinite wisdom, either deleted or overwrote the "rh" cookie with a new one with expiration tomorrow.  All the other Comcast cookies were fine so my browser didn't randomly delete just one.  Of course the zip code set was 19103. Comast Joe, please help get this resolved once and for all.  I went through the same thing last year.