Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Issues streaming the channels you're paying for? Comcast killed live tv streaming in TV APP

New Poster

Issues streaming the channels you're paying for? Comcast killed live tv streaming in TV APP

This was the only reason I was keeping cable. Years of watching on my phone and iPad, now nothing. Yeah. Spent an hour of the phone with customer support about it today - they killed live streaming ability from the TV apps without bothering to give anyone ANY notice. I only watch tv from my phone and iPad because I'm on the go a lot so I just switched to SlingTV today for a quarter of the cost. 

New Poster

Re: Issues streaming the channels you're paying for? Comcast killed live tv streaming in TV APP

On my SECOND phone call to Comcast customer service, the guy stayed on the phone with me until we had a resolution and he said, after 22 minutes that most people stream tv from the website on their computer and not the apps so they were killing the apps' live streaming abilities (he said that the apps will only be for on demand movies etc) and directing people to online website tv.xfinity.com WHICH DOESN'T WORK ON SAFARI OR CHROME ON MOBILE DEVICES and that he was very sorry.

New Poster

Re: Issues streaming the channels you're paying for? Comcast killed live tv streaming in TV APP

Want access to live tv back on my Mobil device NOW. Only way to access info during hurricanes Einsteins! Shame on Comcast for removing access without notice to customers. It’s not like you didn’t have my email address- you send me all that other garbage VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Official Employee

Hi 2angry,

I'd like to look into your issues with live streaming on the mobile app.

• Are you receiving any specific errors?
  • Can you please provide a screenshot of your experience when attempting to access the streaming content?
  • What type of device are you using? 
  • What version of the app do you currently have? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation