New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Issue viewing Season7 Ep 11 of Dexter

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Issue viewing Season7 Ep 11 of Dexter

I had been watching this yesterday afternoon and took a break for dinner.  Later last night again this afternoon I am unable to watch this video.  I get the odd javascript information below.  I've cleared my cache/browsing history etc, tried other browsers.  I am able to play Ep 10 and Ep 12 just fine.

Any suggestions ?

/* DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!
		The contents of this file are dynamically generated. In order to make changes, update the
		respective source files.*/

// /widgets/onboarding/connect/connect.js from default
if(typeof CIM=="undefined"||!CIM){var CIM={}}if(typeof CIM.onboarding=="undefined"||!CIM.onboarding){CIM.onboarding={}}CIM.onboarding.connectClickAction=function(){CIM.user.get(["isXfinityConnectSetup"],function(a){if(!a.isXfinityConnectSetup){CIM.user.set({isXfinityConnectSetup:true});CIM.onboarding.Step.completeStep();CIM.onboarding.Step.trackStep("set up xfinity connect - outbound link to email")}})};(function(a){a(function(){a(".action a, .connect .links .continue").click(function(){CIM.onboarding.connectClickAction()})})}(jQuery));

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue viewing Season7 Ep 11 of Dexter

This issue is now resolved.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Just wanted to confirm this is still a problem, I checked it again twice last night and again this morning.

Official Employee

bmarsceill wrote:

Just wanted to confirm this is still a problem, I checked it again twice last night and again this morning.

Is the video even starting or is the video playing and this error is occurring during a certain point?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

The video never plays - I will detail the exact steps below incase that helps. 

From the main page for the show: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Dexter/5439073586824568112/full-episodes

I can either select Ep 11 of S7 and click the big play button on the right, or hover over the episode number and it become a play button.  Either way when i click on it, it navigates to this web address:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Dexter/5439073586824568112/14241347966/Dexter%3A-Do-You-See-What-...

But all that loads is a white screen with the following text (only rewriting this text because i have never checked to see if it changes.)

The contents of this file are dynamically generated. In order to make changes, update the

if(typeof CIM=="undefined"||!CIM){var CIM={}}if(typeof CIM.onboarding=="undefined"||!CIM.onboarding){CIM.onboarding={}}CIM.onboarding.connectClickAction=function(){CIM.user.get(["isXfinityConnectSetup"],function(a){if(!a.isXfinityConnectSetup){CIM.user.set({isXfinityConnectSetup:true});CIM.onboarding.Step.completeStep();CIM.onboarding.Step.trackStep("set up xfinity connect - outbound link to email")}})};(function(a){a(function(){a(".action a, .connect .links .continue").click(function(){CIM.onboarding.connectClickAction()})})}(jQuery));
Official Employee

bmarsceill wrote:

The video never plays - I will detail the exact steps below incase that helps. 

From the main page for the show: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Dexter/5439073586824568112/full-episodes

I can either select Ep 11 of S7 and click the big play button on the right, or hover over the episode number and it become a play button.  Either way when i click on it, it navigates to this web address:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Dexter/5439073586824568112/14241347966/Dexter%3A-Do-You-See-What-...

But all that loads is a white screen with the following text (only rewriting this text because i have never checked to see if it changes.)

Hmmmm, I could not duplicate this earlier but I can duplicate it now.

Thank you for alerting us about this issue. Our team is working on it now and I will update this thread when it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Tried again today on a whim and was able to get it to play.  Not sure what if anything was done.

Official Employee

bmarsceill wrote:

Tried again today on a whim and was able to get it to play.  Not sure what if anything was done.

Our team is still looking into this issue but I do not have any new information available at this time.

Sorry,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, just wanted you to know that it had worked for me.

New Poster

I have the exact same issue with Dexter S7 Ep 11.  If it helps, when I view the episodes in a list, Ep 11 is the only one that doesn't have a progress bar.

New Poster

added: i see there is no progress bar if the show has never 'started' for me (previous seasons also no progress bar). 

anyway here is the error message again

Official Employee

We're looking into this. As a temporary workaround, you can try this url:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Dexter/5439073586824568112/14241347966/Dexter-A-Do-You-See-What-I...

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

This issue is now resolved.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation