Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Issue trying to watch any show that is rated TV-MA

New Poster

Issue trying to watch any show that is rated TV-MA

I am having an issue with watching any shows that are rated TV-MA, all of my parental controls are off and I have actually called Comcast twice to have this issue resolved with no results.  I didn't start having this issue until about three weeks ago and it's really annoying.  I have included the link to just one of the shows I have tried to play.  All I get is a black box with a play button in the middle that no matter how many times I click it the show will not play.  The problem is only with shows that are rated TV-MA, please fix this.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Shameless/106921/2195164223/Shameless%3A-Can-I-Have-a-Mother/videos

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Issue trying to watch any show that is rated TV-MA

Same issue here too. It won't work with any movies that are rated R or higher (MA). Called comcast the person couldn't figure out how to fix it. He told me to call 888-277-7481. Person there started the same exact process, same questions, told him that "hey I already did all this with the last person I talked too 15 minutes ago, they gave up and told me to call your number because you have the expertise to fix this". After being on the phone for 20 minutes I gave up. They said to call back when I have more time. Come on Comcast, I used to be able to watch R rateed movies, now it's telling me to "manage my parental controls", which are "OFF", NO RESTRICTIONS, what is the problem?

Frequent Visitor

Re: watching MA rated shows

yep. same problem here. Every time I try to watch a premium show on my laptop all I get is the black window with the text "This video is rated TV-MA. The following program is intended for mature audiences only." with a link to "Manage Parental Controls". Which is worthless because I dont have any parental controls set up on my account.

Frequent Visitor

its not because of the box. this is when trying to watch shows on the website xfinitytv.com. I dont have parental controls enabled at all (ie. no PIN set) so any option to set them on or off is not available under my settings page.

New Poster

Palying shows on PC

When I try to play certian programs (Southland is one) It will state it is for mature audenices and "Manage Parental Controls' comes up and locks the screen. I am the primary user and ALL parental controls are set to off. I am running the current version of IE and have deleted history. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS????

Official Employee

PWDGuy1 & MLeeH,

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 17

Safari 5.1

Firefox 10.0

Please follow this thread for further information:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

regardless of the fact that i do not have parental controls or limits set up anywhere, it has nothing to do with the box at home as they are not tied together to the website for viewing online content on xfinity.tv. this issue only happens on my laptop. it does not happen on my wifes laptop or on my desktop PC where I can watch MA rated shows without issue and I do not get the screen message that tells me to "check parental controls"

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I am not using internet explorer 9...I am using the latest version of firefox. I have also tried in google chrome.

Trying to watch TV MA and getting the option saying I need to check parental controls. My settings in parent controls tells me that I have everyone on the account set up to be able to view ALL ratings. Please fix!

Frequent Visitor

This is an issue for me as well. I tried it on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. I've deleted all history and cookies. I've reset all browsers back to default (factory) settings. I've disabled all extensions on all browsers. I've "turned off" my parental controls. I even tried it with parental controls on but allowing all channels. My flash player is up to date. I have all current Windows updates installed. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. I even tried using Internet Explorer 32-bit. It just gets stuck on the following; 

This video is rated TV-MA.

The following program is intended for mature audiences only.

Manage Parental Controls

It wont get past this page. I've tried it on multiple videos. This happened while trying to watch The Walking Dead. Please fix this ASAP Comcast!!!!!!! You might lose a few customers .

New Poster

Same problem. Using Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146 m

New Poster

Working in IE with Flash 12.

New Poster

I'm sorry.  This problem has been going on for a couple of years now.  The answers by Comcast techinician have been nothing but runaround bulmalarkie.

It shouldn't take years to fix and issue.  Either fix the problem or disable parental controls.  It's not that difficult.

New Poster

This video is rated TV-MA.

The following program is intended for mature audiences only.

Manage Parental Controls

It wont get past this page. I've tried it on multiple videos. This happened while trying to watch any TV or movies that are for Mature Audiences Only. I disabled all parental rights and that doesn't work. And by the way when I go back into disabling parental right, your website keeps turning it on.

Please fix this ASAP Comcast!!!!!!!

New Poster

Ditto. Fix it, b*tches.

New Poster

How in the world is it 3 yrs and 7 mos after the OP and this STILL isn't fixed?!!

What in the heck Comcast?!

New Poster

Hi everyone,

I was having the same problem but I managed to fix it just now. I activated my parental controls and unlocked all channels and all ratings. The videos are working now. The "mature content" message still comes up but it dissapears after a few seconds.

I hope this works for all of you.

Contributor

Waiting a few minutes worked for me once.
Been waiting, after trying verious things. for over half hour now.