Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is there a workaround for Lifetime for the Amazon Fire Stick for Comcast users

Regular Visitor

Is there a workaround for Lifetime for the Amazon Fire Stick for Comcast users

Is there a workaround for Lifetime/History Channel/A&E for the Amazon Fire Stick for Comcast users?  HBO and Showtime are now aval, but these channels aren't.  And i've seen workarounds for AppleTV.

Visitor

Re: Is there a workaround for Lifetime for the Amazon Fire Stick for Comcast users

I am experiencing the same issue. Up until about a month ago, I could use the A&E app on my fire stick. Now Xfinity is not listed as a supported company. This is beyond frustrating. We have to pay a FORTUNE for cable and they won't allow their PAID users to USE the programs! Come on Xfinity, get your act together. 

New Poster

Re: Is there a workaround for Lifetime for the Amazon Fire Stick for Comcast users

I just noticed this as well as started get "Auth Error" when attempting to view some shows via my Firestick using the A&E App... When I signed out and then went to sign back in and noticed that Xfinity is no longer a supported Cable Provider.  However, I can download the same app on my Android device and Xfinity shows right up.  I don't know what the problem is between Amazon and Comcast, quite frustrating...

New Poster

Since comcast does not come up for the fire stick option, I clicked roku and found xfinity as an option and logged on with the activation code showing on my fire stick screen. Once it went through I went back to my screen the activation went through even though im using a fire stick.
New Poster

Thank you! It worked for me as well.
New Poster

It connected me but still won't give me the option of full episodes (Vikings new season). Anything else I can do?
New Poster

N/M got it to work Smiley Happy
Thanks for that tip!
New Poster

Thank you, selecting the Roku device worked for me as well.
New Poster

I was so surprised that this worked!
Thanks, I hope this will work for the other apps to that right now won't let us sign into Xfinity
New Poster

I did the roku thing to and it worked!! Ya!
New Poster

Thanks!! It worked for me!!!🤗
New Poster

YOU are amazing! Worked like a charm!
New Poster

That worked for me too- thanks! BTW i have the amazon fire box.