Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is the Download option no longer available on the Xfinity Stream portal?

Regular Visitor

Is the Download option no longer available on the Xfinity Stream portal?

I was a regular downloader of TV episodes onto my Windows laptop via the Xfinity Stream Portal.  I am preparing for a trip and I do NOT see the download option avaIlable on the portal. Has that option been removed permanently or is it just not working? 

btw: I am a Massachusetts X1 xFi customer with the complete tv-internet-phone bundle. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Is the Download option no longer available on the Xfinity Stream portal?

Is it for all shows? Some networks may restrict what is available for download.

Regular Visitor

There are restrictions on certain content on Xfinity. Some you simply cannot download or are can only be viewed when you are connected to the home network.  The content we watch - older movies, old tv series episodes - you will find are downloadable via the Xfinity Streram Apps for ios and android. These used to also be downloadable via the Xfinity Stream Portal https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/getting-started-xfinity-tv-website/ but the Download button/option does not even show now.

Problem Solver

The XFINITY Stream website does not allow downloads. You can download to mobile devices by using the XFINITY Stream app for iOS or Android.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi there. Im having a similiar issue with the downloads.  On my Samsung S6 I have been able to download shows using the updated Xfinity Stream app off my DVR and also shows that are available for download like from Starz and Showtime.  I have been using this feature for months now without an issue.  But now starting this week, I can download shows off my DVR or off the various networks with shows for download, they appear in my app.  But it seems I watch one show offline (not on my home network) and all shows I have download are gone.  Can you help with this?  Is this a new bug?

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation