Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Is Live TV Down?

New Poster

Is Live TV Down?

We are getting the need subsciption error agaim (3329.12012).  After an hour on the phone and 5 reps, we were told it is down nationally. But there is nothing on the website. 

Can someone confirm it is actually down, and not just that they were done talking with us?

Tags (1)
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Is Live TV Down?

gnewilt wrote:

We are getting the need subsciption error agaim (3329.12012).  After an hour on the phone and 5 reps, we were told it is down nationally. But there is nothing on the website. 

Can someone confirm it is actually down, and not just that they were done talking with us?

I just streamed ABC, I'm in north east

Contributor

I can watch live TV on the iOS app, but not on my computer's browser - it just says "Now connecting to your entertainment experience" forever. Tried multiple browsers, rebooted, cleared cache, etc.

My Internet connection is fine as I can stream other services, browse, and type this reply!

Contributor

"Now connecting to your entertainment experience..."

I remember thinking to myself with the old website, "I'm so glad I can actually find things I want and watch TV shows and live channels. But it sure would be better if they'd upgrade the website to not work at all so I can't do these things anymore."

Contributor

I can't access anything at all on tv.xfinity.com. 

Not live TV. Not On-Demand TV. Not any movies. Nothing.

Chrome isn't blocking 3rd-party cookies. I've cleard all cookies and cache. I've even used Microsoft Edge to try and access it.

"Now connecting to your entertainment experience." FOREVER.

Thanks for such an awesome service Comcast. You'll be crediting my bill when I call in about this tomorrow.

New Poster

It must be.  I am also able to report this error.  I noticed it today.

Contributor

I left it open in my computer browser during a whole football game (that I watched on my tiny phone instead), and it was still trying to connect to my entertainment experience when the game was over.

And on a side note, it was even smaller than normal video on my phone screen, because the Xfinity TV app refuses to use the entire screen - there's huge black borders all the way around the video (iPhone 7, iOS 10, landscape mode, fwiw). But I saw my little ants win their game - at least that's what the announcers said (I couldn't read any of the scores!). lol

Problem Solver

bessiq wrote:

I left it open in my computer browser during a whole football game (that I watched on my tiny phone instead), and it was still trying to connect to my entertainment experience when the game was over.

And on a side note, it was even smaller than normal video on my phone screen, because the Xfinity TV app refuses to use the entire screen - there's huge black borders all the way around the video (iPhone 7, iOS 10, landscape mode, fwiw). But I saw my little ants win their game - at least that's what the announcers said (I couldn't read any of the scores!). lol

Were you watching the SD version of the game or the HD version? SD versions can be scaled down to fit old style 4:3 TV sets, and you can end up with the black bars all around.

Contributor

The iOS app doesn't even give me the option to choose quality. It was definitely not an aspect ratio issue though - it was the right ratio, but just didn't fill the screen. I just tried with Weather Channel and it did full-screen that, though. 

Contributor

Dear Comcast,

Do you care that your website doesn't work?

Let's see how long it takes for you to connect to my payment experience. Maybe you'll care then.

Problem Solver

bessiq wrote:

The iOS app doesn't even give me the option to choose quality. It was definitely not an aspect ratio issue though - it was the right ratio, but just didn't fill the screen. I just tried with Weather Channel and it did full-screen that, though. 

I know it doesn't give the option to choose quality, but was this live TV you were watching or a recording? What channel were you watching if live? What channel was recorded if a recording? If you give a channel number, give your zip code as well so we can know if it's an HD channel or not.

Contributor

I was watching a live NFL game on Fox. I filter listings so that I only see HD channels, so I thought I was viewing channel 234 live (zip code 30906). This was between 1-4pm EDT on Sunday, 10/2/16. But, the app updated today and I just noticed the HD filter was reset to off. Cool.

I really don't want to derail the topic at hand though, which is the inability of many of us to watch live TV on our home computers.

I still cannot connect to Xfinity TV on my home computer, but I can connect to it at work (I of course cannot watch live TV as it is out of my home network, but it at least gets past "Now connecting to your entertainment experience" and lets me browse listings, watch recordings, etc. - the ISP there is not Comcast, fwiw). But at home, on my home network, using a Comcast gateway and Comcast DNS (75.75.75.75), I cannot connect. Baffling.

Bronze Problem Solver

bessiq wrote:

I still cannot connect to Xfinity TV on my home computer, but I can connect to it at work (I of course cannot watch live TV as it is out of my home network, but it at least gets past "Now connecting to your entertainment experience" and lets me browse listings, watch recordings, etc. - the ISP there is not Comcast, fwiw). But at home, on my home network, using a Comcast gateway and Comcast DNS (75.75.75.75), I cannot connect. Baffling.

Verify that your browser settings are not blocking third party cookies. That has been the problem for others stuck were you are.

Contributor

It does not.

3p cookies.PNG

Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m (64-bit)

Neither do the other 3 browsers I tried. I even cleared all my cookies across all browsers and still no luck. Cat Indifferent

Bronze Problem Solver

bessiq wrote:

It does not.

3p cookies.PNG

Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m (64-bit)

Neither do the other 3 browsers I tried. I even cleared all my cookies across all browsers and still no luck. Cat Indifferent

I read one other post - they had to clear all cached data. I just downloaded chrome today, the same version of chrome you have.. I made no changes to the settings other than Norton adding it's hooks in and it worked, so maybe hit the reset to defaults button.

Bronze Problem Solver

DELETED

Contributor

I appreciate the help, and I understand that many times these types of issues can be resolved by the aforementioned suggestions in this post. However, as a systems/network admin, I do not come to these forums unless I have exhausted all of these suggestions and more; and I generally skip contacting Comcast customer service via phone or chat because I am already beyond whatever scripted advice they can give.

I decided to ignore the issue for a few days, and just tried again today. It works now. It finally asked me to accept terms and pick a device name. Then I was able to browse and watch live TV, recordings, and on demand. Same version of Chrome, and the cache has not been cleared again since my previous posts. It just decided to work I guess. I notice that the video player UI is slightly different than before - primarily the gear icon that has slightly different settings than previously.

Will probably never know what happened, but hopefully it continues working. Thanks again for the assistance.