Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

International streaming

New Poster

International streaming

hello

i live in the US and I am vacationing in Mexico. Will I be able to live stream US television if I take my iPad?

Official Employee

Re: International streaming

Murphy5417 wrote:

hello

i live in the US and I am vacationing in Mexico. Will I be able to live stream US television if I take my iPad?

No, streaming is restricted to the USA due to programming rights. You can, however, download up to 10 episodes and/or movies to your iOS/Android device before leaving the US and watch them anywhere - even when offline.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: International streaming

My only problem with that answer involves premium channels. I was in Scotland at the beginning of September and tried to access the season premier of a show via the Starz App. Because I was outside of US, I needed to confirm that I was a Starz subscriber and Xfinity/Comcast was the only major US company NOT listed - had I been an AT&T, Fios, or Direct TV subscriber, I would have been able to watch the show (as I have Starz in my very expensive current package). How does that have anything to do with US programming rights?

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation